Skip to content
What kind of guitar...

Notifications
Clear all

What kind of guitar stand do you prefer?

33 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Why do I need a guitar stand when the guitar is never out of my hands?....
Smokindog, that looks a real cheap, viable alternative to splashing out for "proper" stands....

:D :D :D

Vic

Yeah, I was looking at wall hangers and they go for $15-$20 a pop, you guys know how CHEAP I am :lol: Besides, They take up a lot less room on the wall than on the floor since i have a small room to work in. :wink: --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

gnease, just drill a hole in the back of the stand for the bolt to go through. Mine and I do not know the brand has a slot in the back the bolt rides on. Just mark the back of the top section and remove to drill the hole. Drill enough for the bolt to go through and then a little thread locker to hold the bold.

Mike, both my Taylors are on the wall, but my 210 is way short of $2K. My NS32 is close though.

Try this for a stand. Tallor stand

As a product engineer, I appreciate the suggestion. But realize that 80% of the people who own one of these stands are incapable of competently wielding a drill to do this properly. I could do it, but am past the point of fixing every stupid P.O.S. I happen to accidently buy. Besides, there is still the forward tipping issue. It isn't worth $9.99 or even free. I would toss out such a disaster before giving it away.

Taylor stands:They would blend into a nursery, as have that wooden baby crib aura. Probably very stable and easy to use, but I'm more into tech design.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

As a product engineer, I appreciate the suggestion.
But realize that 80% of the people who own one of these stands are incapable of competently wielding a drill to do this properly.
ROTFL You area so right. I am a Mechanical Engineer that was a mechanic and a tech prior to getting my engineering degree. :) I do look for quality when I buy stuff. I have one POS stand that my daughter uses on her guitar. But as the guiter spends 95% of its time collecting dust we are not worried about the stand. Got that from MF for next to nothing when we made a purchase of accessories for her. Got what I paid for here :P
Taylor stands:They would blend into a nursery, as have that wooden baby crib aura. Probably very stable and easy to use, but I'm more into tech design.
I did woodworking so I do apperiate the natural wood look and I have one of these stands. Yes very stable and works well even with my electric. Holds my Taylor and my classical very nicelyand is very stable. I did not want to turn down a gift from the wife :D . She thought my Taylor need a nice stand.

John M

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3