Clear all

When will I be good enough to perform?

29 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Excellent point Hairball.

If I don't feel myself getting cranked up, something is wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

I had another "in house" performance for my buddies at my place last night. Now they're trying to get me out to this open mic next monday. I got pretty psyched cos they felt what I had just done was good enough to air out in public and I even said yes. I'm already getting the shakes and thinking of a nice cop out!

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm already getting the shakes and thinking of a nice cop out!
No No don't cop out, Just do it.

ReplyQuote
(@hotrod-deluxe09)
Trusted Member

nice site, and man i had the same problem but its not way as bad just calm down and forget your recording, not the point that ur to loose but just control it but don't freak out

MY GUITAR STUFF
a Fender Mexican strat w/ two single coil Semour Duncan pickups i have a fender hot rod deluxe all tube 40 W Effects: Zoom w/pedal, V-amp, Turbo Rat, Rocktron Banshee (talbox)(i mic it and the mic comes out of a gx-15 crate amp)

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nick: It's encouraging to hear that you never have had a perfect performance.

I have just learned to play Besame Mucho and I have plans to play it for my mother when she turns 61, because it's her favourite song and she allways tells me she want to hear me sing something. She claims she heard me singing once, when I didn't know she did, and she says she lost her breath and couldn't believe her ears. I know I sing a lot better now. Still I'm not sure I'll muster enough strength to sing for her.

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

I'm already getting the shakes and thinking of a nice cop out!
No No don't cop out, Just do it.

How'd I know I'd get that answer here :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you will be ready a week from tuesday, but only for five non-consecutive minutes.

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

...... yes Sensei. Hopefully for 10, thats all i need..

ReplyQuote
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

I have just learned to play Besame Mucho and I have plans to play it for my mother when she turns 61, because it's her favourite song and she allways tells me she want to hear me sing something. She claims she heard me singing once, when I didn't know she did, and she says she lost her breath and couldn't believe her ears. I know I sing a lot better now. Still I'm not sure I'll muster enough strength to sing for her.

Jonsi, thats nice that you want to play for your mum on her birthday, just think, she'll probably be so touched that you even thought about doing it (and her favaorite song too) that she'll love it anyhow it turns out - its true, and maybe that'll take some of the 'bad' shakes away

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Kachman: Nice thought, thanks! She's the perfect subject to train playing in front of.

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member

Nick: It's encouraging to hear that you never have had a perfect performance.

Thats sweet..I just learned besame mucho...are you using la (menor) ? Am - Dm - Am - E dominant 7 ?

Just wondering what strum pattern you are using for it. I do the bass then an up stroke then 2 downs and 2 more bases...kinda confusing but sounds cool!.

As far as playing in front of people....I've never actually had to do this - except for lessons at school that they test us on. I'd say that you just do it and imagine that your alone in the room.

ReplyQuote
 jman
(@jman)
Eminent Member

Thanks for posting this forum. I have found some rather useful advice! It is good to hear that everyone makes mistakes when they're playing( if you realize this it takes a lot of pressure off of you.) I think that we hear our favorite musicians playing so "perfectly" in our favorite songs, that we don't realize the time they spent practicing those songs, and the amount of mistakes they still make!

Quality cannot be defined. Recognize that it exists and admire it for what it is.

ReplyQuote
(@jonsi)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Jet Solo: These are the chords I'm using:

Besame mucho

am7 C dm7
Besame, besame mucho.
dm7 A7 F E am7
Como si fuera esta noche la ultima vez.
A7 dm7
Besame, besame mucho.
am am B7 E7 am7
Que tengo miedo perderte, perderte despues (el. orta vez).

dm am
Quiero tenerte muy cerca
E
mirar en tus Ojos
am
estar junto a ti
dm am
Tal vez mana^~na yo estare lejos,
H7 E
muy lejos, muy lejos de aqui.

Besame, besame mucho.
Besame, besame mucho.
Que tengo miedo perderte, perderte despues

I changed it a little from these chords:

Besame mucho

Hm Em
Besame, besame mucho.
Em H7 G F# Hm
H7 Em
Besame, besame mucho.
Hm Hm C#7 F# Hm
Que tengo miedo perderte, perderte despues.

Em Hm
Quiero tenerte muy cerca mirar en tus
F# Hm
Ojos estar junto a ti
Em Hm
Tal vez mana^~na yo estare lejos,
C#7 F#
muy lejos, muy lejos de aqui.

Besame, besame mucho.
Besame, besame mucho.
Que tengo miedo perderte, perderte despues

edit: I don't know how to preserve the spaces between the chords so that they'll appear above the right words...

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

The secret is -- and you won't realize this until you've had a chance to do it -- that playing for other people is fun. And playing with other people for other people is immense fun. The stage fright will disappear about 45 seconds into the first number when you hear the first appreciative sounds from the audience. It really is a blast. Everyone just gets into the music -- you, the band, and the audience. The music takes over.

Wow, you make it seem as if its actually fun! :lol: Thanks for telling me that, now I don't have the jeebies! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2