ReplyQuote
(@soju04)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have been very bad this year. :oops:

I became obsessed with guitar at the very beginning of 2005. I hadn't taken playing seriously for 30 years due to drumming getting in the way. This year that changed. I focused soley on guitar and what I need to do to play one realistically. No ego just ability.

Currently I've started legitimate lessons and have been enjoying the experience. So much so I saved nothing for later when it comes to earning some badges to the rights to buy the "next" guitar. :cry:

Here's what I've "collected" so far. The Fender Tele I got locally while everything else came from Musicians Friend with the exception of the SG which came from Music123. I love every guitar in its own way. They are all very unique and have their own personalities and characteristics that set them apart yet culminate into one huge enjoyable playing experience for me.

I know I'm way not good enough to own all these masterpieces just yet, but I've learned a certain appreciation for each guitar with what little abilities I possess at this time. To be able to experience how all these different instruments play is certainly a priviledge that I worked hard to be able to accomplish and I totally appreciate what I have and take nothing for granted. I live in my music room now except to come up and post.

I hope this display doesn't come off as errogant or self centered. I went past my means with this obsession but am going to enjoy it while I can. I've earned it. Now I just have to learn to use it effectively. I'm sorry for the windbag approach. So here they are in all their glory. Enjoy them like I do.

Here is the first one I purchased in January.

Early this fall I realized to complete my originals I wanted to be able to put a bass line down so I got this.

After knowing I'm going to get serious about learning guitar I decided for a higher quality guitar.

<<<<<<<Look here. :wink: This one was my first serious purchase.

Then the obsession or GAS took over and this one was acquired on shear emotion and cuz it looks so cool.

This one was traded for my old green drums set and due to guilt for borrowing a couple over a few weekends from my local music store to 'discover' the Tele legacy. It so worked.

I wanted to complete the collection with the infamous SG and this one seemed right for the price. It sounds amazing, too.

So why don't I feel complete? What is missing? Ummm, gee, you can tell I'm a drummer....HOW about a way to hear all these new guitars? An amp?!?! YES!!! An amp.... :roll:

So the quest began and here's what I ended up with. Folks, I'm blown away by this amp for several reasons. First, I know nothing about any amp and this one came higly recommended. I saved $60 buying a "used" item. Frankly, I can't find anything used about it but the box. All the new labels, stickers, tags and manuals were all there. It looks brand new to me. MF even said they couldn't guarantee receipt before Christmas. I wasn't worried and got free shipping. It came today. Unlike my SG that took 2 days for overnight shipping from Music123 :x :D .

Here's the amp. This is very cool and all my guitars sound great to me through this amp. No disappointments at all.

Now to record all this and add drums I have the following...

For mood I use these. :D

Some odds and ends....

Of course the current kit I use to play live. (stacked in the garage, pre-staged for loading for next gig.) And behind them the ever popular scooter for the quick trips to the store for milk or guitar strings.

Embarassingly, I only need to leave the house to go to work or gig. :twisted:

Going underground for a few to relish in the booty.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Whoa man! Impressive set of recording brik-n-brac!!!!!!! I wish to have so much stuff some day!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:shock: You are a sick puppy, seek help immediatly :shock:

seriously, nice collection so far. but don't even try to fool us or yourself that it ends here with this purging :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@modestcargo)
Eminent Member

Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul 3-pickup (Hawk)
Marshall DSL401 run on clean channel

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I just love that Black Beauty. :mrgreen:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Mike,
How do you like the Ibanez PF? How does it play and how would you describe the sound. I'm just starting to look at getting a relatively inexpensive acoustic with a bluesy, midrangey sound for hill country blues and fingerpicking.

ReplyQuote
(@tkn_dk)
Trusted Member

This is my stuff. Just got the amp for Christmas and I love it. Beats my tiny Yamaha practice amp (not pictured) hands down. I play so much better now. ;)

All I want is food and creative love.

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

GG

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

GG

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

GG

ReplyQuote
(@becksbolero)
Estimable Member

GG

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

luv that green lp 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

My Setup:

Fender Strat (Mexi)
ESP LTD GL500K (George Lynch Kamikazi with upgraded SD Demon pickup)
Kramer Striker 300ST (with DiMarzio Super Distortion P/U)
Jackson Professional Dinky Rev.
Randall RG100 Head
Peavey 4x12 Cab with Sheffield speakers
POD XT Live
Dunlop Crybaby wah-wah
TC Electronics D-two delay rack unit

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 75