Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.9 K Views
(@kerbdog)
Eminent Member

How do ya like that Fernandes Ravelle? I always wanted to play one and see how it feels, but was never able to find one in a store. It sure is cool-lookin' and I'll bet it sounds great, too!

Yea most people either hate or like the look of the Ravelle. First of all I had to shrink all my pics to fit on here so you can barely even see the details :(

Here's my thoughts on the Ravelle I own....I wish I had gotten a Deluxe instead of the Elite. The Deluxe ones are cheaper but I just find the Sustainer to be a toy....for recording it would be nice to have. I would rather have a '59 or something in the neck with a tone control....not so with the Elites. Mine is just a JB in the bridge and of course the sustainer....no tone controls, nothing else. The one good thing about that Ravelle is it's an '03 when they were still made in China (much better quality) then they went to Korea. Have heard they went back to China...not sure on that.

Anyways to answer your question...I like the Ravelle, even more if it had the above but the neck is slightly slimmer than a 60s Les Paul....kind of well...other than an N4...the neck size is perfect.

I would trade even for a Deluxe (preferably black, but the limiteds are nice as well).

Take Care

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Thanks, KerbDoG, for so thoroughly answering my question! I definitely think the Ravelle is cool-looking, but I always had hesitations over the sustainer pup thingy. I played a different guitar that had it (can't remember...an Ibanez, maybe? Bad memory...) and I felt the same: it seemed toy-like. The neck, however, sounds comfy (which is the important thing). Just curious...I wish I were in the market. :?

Thanks again! :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Lemme see if I'm doing this right...

The odd guitar I fell in love with in Korea:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31525059@N03/2951513484/
Slightly closer up on the body:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31525059@N03/2950661003/

The amp they threw in when I bought it (Thing in front of it is a pack of ciggies, to show size.):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31525059@N03/2951514110/

I promised I'd post photos of what I found in Korea, and this is what I found. I like it lots! But, uhmmm. If you're going to ask what it is...don't really know. Second hand, looks like it could be fifteen years old? Or more, or less, because so far, we haven't been able to date it or figure out what a "Marvel" guitar is...

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Nice collection of gear, but I think you need a Washburn Nuno to complete the picture.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

How in God's name do you find time to play them all???

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice collection of gear, but I think you need a Washburn Nuno to complete the picture.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Just thought I'd post my latest Birthday Present to myself. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice skins Bish! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Ahhhhg drum gas ..... the most thundering resonant kind! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jsmviper22)

I got a sunburst tele American, its my baby
and a takamine KOA wood.
pedal wise:
Ibanez TS9DX tube sreamer
boss dd-6
EH holy grail
Vow wah
Ernie Ball Mono vol pedal
Boss CE-20
MXR phase 90
EH small stone boost
boos Tremelo
Boss TU-2
Boss OD-20
and i also got a roland phantom piano

ReplyQuote
(@crossroadie)

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Dunlop Crybaby wah

ReplyQuote
(@tymaster25)

I have

Roland Microcube 2-Watt Amp
Cort G Series Guitar

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now i need some advice i have that gear but i was planniing on getting a line 6 pocket pod. should i get it or somthing else???

ReplyQuote
(@palace)

Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266c
Ibanez Ts9
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss TU-2
Marshall Echohead
MXR 6B EQUALIZER

ReplyQuote
(@spammyg)

I recently bought a Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic Guitar. Nicest sounding guitar ever. Cost me $1500 Australian Dollars. I played some Martins etc. that were approx. $3000 and didn't like them anywhere near as much. Less playable and just not as nice. Now i'm lookin for a good electric guitar. I have a J & D Luthier JD-880
Its not really up to the standard that i'm looking for some i'm in the market for a new one. I want something that is versatile but mainly geared towards more clean sounds. I'm probably willing to pay up to $2000 Australian Dollars. I'm lookin at maybe a nice Tele. Any suggestions?

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

ReplyQuote
(@spammyg)

I also have a BOSS GT-3 effects pedal

Cole Clark FL1-AC

J & D Luthier JD-880

ReplyQuote
Page 57 / 75