Skip to content
How often to use Le...

Notifications
Clear all

How often to use Lemon Oil on the Fretboard?

36 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
11.3 K Views
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Actually, I never thought about doing anything special to pickups to keep them from rusting, other than wiping them clean if they need it. A little bit of oil or wax on exposed magnet surfaces wouldn't hurt anything.

I've seen questions posted by people wanting to know how to get their pickups to tarnish and rust like old used ones!
:shock:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member

how about Jim Dunlop fret conditioner?is it good? n is it just the same as the lemon oil...?thx u

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Dunno what's in it. Really, though, I expect that any of the commercial products sold for the purpose should work.

ReplyQuote
(@jeansen)
Estimable Member

thx u ..i notice that the fingerboard conditioner is not as exact as lemon oil...i don't know what is the different...( msybe someone can tell us the difference?)
thx u for the answers,Ricochet :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You're welcome.

I did find an MSDS for Finger-Ease. It's spray silicone.

ReplyQuote
(@adrock)

Yesterday I decided to take trip over to see a guy that did some repairs to one of my guitars a few years back. The guy is in very good standing and he's been repairing, building, and tweaking guitars for some 40 plus years now. So I ask him what he uses to condition the fretboards of the guitars he works on. He handed me a bottle of this http://www.music123.com/Micro-Key-Oil-i144595.music ( Micro Key Oil ). He said"Use this, you'll be fine". I noticed it was only about 3/4 full so i asked if he had anymore. He said "Nah, you can have it, the 2 others I have have less than that in them". I try to refer people over to him anytime I can.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3