Notifications
Clear all

i think i broke my guitar

37 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@mcdouggy)
Trusted Member

It may be a badly cut nut, it's often overlooked, and it can really make some buzzing if it's too low near the headstock end.

Visit my band's website!

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

do you think that they will find that in the basic set up? or should I ask them about that when I go to pick it up?

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

do you think that they will find that in the basic set up? or should I ask them about that when I go to pick it up?
If they are competent they will catch it since it is a critical step in a basic setup.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@mcdouggy)
Trusted Member

By the way, don't take the guitar back off them until you are 100% happy with the way it is set up - try it in the store before you get it home again.

Doug

Visit my band's website!

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the tip

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got my guitar back from the shop yesterday. It is playing better than ever. He raised the bridge joints a lot higher than I had them. I still have some fret buzz, but I am trying to concentrate and not hit the strings as hard as I used to. I don't think I was playing with the amp loud enough. cranking up the amp seems to help a lot.

Thanks for all your help guys.

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Great that it worked out.

Also know that a little rattle/buzz on an electric, if the pickups don't sense it and it doesn't transfer out to the amp, is okay.

Take care.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3