Notifications
Clear all

LP Saddle Wire Rattles

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Took quite a bit of setup fussing on my end after the swap. The new one is quite a bit bigger, and took a bit of messing around to get the brake angle right.
What does that mean? The intonation or something? I don't think I've ever paid any attention to an angle. :oops:
Sorry... that came out hard to understand.. :oops:

I just replaced the bridge, and left the old stopbar on the guitar. Well the new bridge is quite a bit wider [front to back], and with the old hight of the stopbar the strings hit the back on the bridge. Well I normaly set them up with the stopbar as low as possable and it took a little fiddling to get it at the right hight, at the right intonation, the right action hight, with the stopbar low enough, and still keep the strings off the back edge of the bridge. Then agean.... I think I over think things, and like fiddleing with stuff like that. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I'm always overdoing it. Hard to stop sometimes. Heck, it's tough to stop a man with tools in his hands. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I left all my tail pieces where they were from the factory and didn't have an issue but yes, the Nashville style is wider. Thats how you gain the extra travel on your saddles.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2