Notifications
Clear all

First original song - Home

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

Very nice and a lovely rhythm. first of many i hope?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 11/10/2008 7:16 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Joe

Sorry I missed to comment on your first song - much apologies....

I'm listening to it as I'm writing this reply - I like it very much. Excellent guitar playing and a really nice song. Yes, I agree maybe the title could be a little more inspirational, but hey, it's your first song....I mean, mine was 'Alone' :roll:

What is nagging at me as I listen, and you know my thoughts on your singing, and yes, I do know that singing lessons aren't an option at the moment, but your voice has got a nice tonal range and with a bit of work it would be very good indeed...

Of course, you could always go back to my first Kenny Rodgers idea... :wink:

Any Joe

Rock on and keep 'em coming.

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 26/10/2008 4:04 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Shortly I will post the link to the version that Nuno, Gerry and Arjen helped me out on with Bass and Lead, I'm just having trouble mixing it.

Dylan, I've heard you say that I've to good "tonal range" and I don't think I quite know what that means.

And your title may have been "Alone" but you got some "working girl" stuff in there, so it's all good in my book. :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 27/10/2008 3:20 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Yeh, I may not be making myself clear...or maybe I just don't know what the heck I'm talking about.... :?

I listen to your singing and you have a smooth singing voice and I can pick out good tones on the lower and upper levels of the range you are singing in - it's the transition from one to the other you have problems with...

Maybe I'm not making myself clear, but...blah blah blah - I'll shut up now...

Rock on Joe!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 27/10/2008 2:51 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Okay, I think I get what you are saying, thanks for the info there. It's something in the long list of stuff that will be added to what I need to work on. :lol:

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 28/10/2008 2:49 am
Page 2 / 2