I'm trying ..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 13/05/2007 1:14 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

that sounds good to me. no mistakes either!

Posted : 13/05/2007 2:02 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Trevor!

Sounds great! Very good strumming! Almost perfect! :D

Also I don't know how to explain it but when you change the pattern, mainly in the first two or three times, I detect "something strange", I don't know if is the chord, the tempo...

Anyway, forget it! :D

Posted : 13/05/2007 3:08 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Nice strumming there Trev. I like it that you are experimenting with different things. It sounds to me that as well as the 3 main chords you are playing you are also using another chord (s) ? to help the transition. What I suspect Nuno is refering to is that the transitional chord is possibly not in the same key as the others.

good stuff

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 13/05/2007 6:21 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah 3 chords all open

D

A

G

Transition Chord well I wanted to break it up and after I do D I slide the my fingering of D down 1 fret , I wasn't sure if that permissible but I think it sounds neat ...

Trevor

Posted : 13/05/2007 9:37 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Then, if you move one fret but maintain the fourth string... you get A#, D#, G and D. That could be called D#maj7, correct?

I don't know if it is permissible or not, but if it sounds nice to you, it is Ok! :D

Sometimes it depends on if you usually hear these progressions or not. For example, I play a similar chord (up/down the original chord one fret, a halft tone) for the endings and when you are finishing your song, it sounds very nice to me.

Nevertheless I don't hear all the transitions in the same way. Did you use the same chords?

But, Trevor, please, forget it, it only was a comment! :D

Posted : 13/05/2007 11:22 pm
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member

When I listened to this, I actually had words popping into my head. And even a video of a guy on a bus with a guitar, singing about being gone a long time and finally coming home. "It's been awhile. But it's time for me to come home." Did I just give away a good song? Well, if I did, it was inspired by your music, so if it works for you, go for it. Looking forward to hearing whatever you come up with.

Joe

Posted : 13/05/2007 11:39 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Joe

Nuno :

I played D then slid down 1 fret then went to A this was repeated every time I finished D ..

Ahh your ears are good my friend at the end I slid my D chord up the other way to add a little spice to it ..

I don't what chords are called when played in different freat I'm not big on theory { shh don't let that one out} :lol:

Trev....

Posted : 14/05/2007 12:02 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

ok trev i first heard it and it did,nt hit me quite right when you moved the chord of d....so try this when you move the d chord take it up to the 5th fret then to the 7th back to the 5th and return to normal d position. you can also go to the 14th if your enjoying yourself and so on but its your piece, the playing is ok. hope this is constuctive and not destructive for you trev....smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 14/05/2007 7:02 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, smoke

Posted : 14/05/2007 10:05 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Smoke

I did drag D down to 5th and 7th frets as you said , is this what you meant ? I tried to go the 14th as well but I kept loseing my hands and the rythmn and the flow ..

I hope this waht you meant ..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=490569&songID=5344547

Let me know mate , I am here to learn

Thanks

Trev....

Posted : 15/05/2007 3:43 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

hey Trev,

have a listen to this song:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=328886&songID=2710188
this is played using the D chord and sliding up to th 7th fret, then to the 5th fret then back the the 2nd.
It effectively gives you variants an F & G chords. This song uses standard versions of these chords as well as the variants.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 15/05/2007 3:51 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Paul

So its all all in the strumming when one strums the alternative D chord from what I hear ...

To give the song a bit of spice

Thanks

Trev...

Posted : 15/05/2007 5:22 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

well i think paul has demonstrated this well here :D you can do what you want with it really try staying at the 7th for a few strums then once at the 5th and back , but its there to do what you want really, for more fun use a capo at 2nd and play from there ...gotta say your strumming lives it ok...best wishes trev....smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 15/05/2007 7:22 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks again Smoke

I am learning so much lately from you guys

Cheers

Trev..