Notifications
Clear all

Review this song please

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@youngnicholas)
Topic starter

hey, do you guys mind giving a detailed or little detailed review on this song. specifically the solos at the end. because i have been getting comments it sounds off key.

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000112667_000008354_proj.mp3

Nick

Posted : 06/09/2004 7:31 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Generally: I liked it. Well done.

One thing: The singing over the lead guitar section is not working. Something needs to be done to separate them, either in register (the unison notes sometimes clash) or spatially (maybe L/R split) or in level (probably guitar down).

The out-of-tune complaint escapes me. I'm assuming it's supposed to be occurring at the end and is between the acoustic guitar and electric lead. They sound very slightly out in the fade out, but it could be my imagination. Would not have noticed anything had you not mentioned it. I do hear some bending "out" in the lead, but stylistically, that works for me. There could be some psycho-acoustic masking going on in the MP3 compression, though. Where those complaining of this listening to a better quality version (e.g., linear PCM, a.k.a., WAV file or CD audio)?

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 09/09/2004 10:01 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Wow! I really like this. Very catchy. I love how you go into the double time and still keep the feel as if it's not really double time. The vocals might be ever so slightly flat at points but only enough to make it cool. Otherwise the vocals sound great to me. The vocal over lead part could be tweaked a bit but it's not unbearable. Just a little hard to distinguish some words.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 09/09/2004 10:16 pm
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

excellent job

very well done

Kido

Posted : 11/09/2004 4:44 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I really enjoyed the song...I like your voice alot on it!

The only comment I would make is this. In regards to the solo at the end. I think it is unnecesary. I like the vocal stuff you did after the first solo...I'd just kinda finish off with that and call it a day. The song was very good without it and I didn't feel it added that much to it.

Great job!

Posted : 15/09/2004 9:18 pm
(@gmilam)
Estimable Member

I really enjoyed the song...I like your voice alot on it!

The only comment I would make is this. In regards to the solo at the end. I think it is unnecesary. I like the vocal stuff you did after the first solo...I'd just kinda finish off with that and call it a day. The song was very good without it and I didn't feel it added that much to it.

Great job!

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you think that I thought I once was - White Goodman (Dodgeball)

Posted : 15/09/2004 9:19 pm