Clear all

Buzz with reverb, why? multieffect pedal

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cryptastix)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey all, i just got a multi effect pedal(one of those 60 dollar RP50 digitech ones. anyways, it buzzes alot with reverb and some other effects too, someone told me it might have something to do with light dimmers. any idea? did i buy a bad multieffect pedal?

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Something to do with the light dimmers? Does it go away when you turn the lights down? I hope that's not just a lame excuse to make you turn the lights down. It probably has more to do with the input level being too high. If you're using some sort of distortion pedal it might be wiser to hook up your reverb via the effects loop of your amp. That is assuming your amp has an effects loop. That way you'll have better control over how much level your reverb is getting without having to sacrifice level to or from your distortion pedal and consequently your volume.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Do a little investigating to see just were the buzz is coming from. Sure its not coming from the snare drum?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Ok I just re read your post and realized that your talking about hum right? As in ground noise? Probably, the noise is there all the time, only you notice it more when you use the reverb or other delay or modulation effects. There are so many places where this could come from. You kind of have to do a process of elimination. It could be the dimmers in your room.

-are there flourescent lights in the room?
-are appliances near by?
-does it buzz when you have the gain up high?
-what kind of pickups do you have on your guitar?
etc.

That may not solve your problem though. You might have to get a filtered power source.
I have a digitech 256 xl multi effects rack unit, which was worth several hundred dollars in its time and it buzzes constantly. I never use it. Hope you find a solution and if you do maybe you could fill me in.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@klecu)

I until recently owned a Digitech RP50. I had it for 10 months and I used in near dimmed lights, flourescents, plugged into the wall of course. Mine never hummed, even when using the single coil pickups. Make sure you use the noise gate.

ReplyQuote