Epiphone Valve Junior 5W Head

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks TRGuitar and every one else,

I have a V-Amp that I would probably use with it that has all the effects so I think I'll be going with the Combo.
(that is when I get around to bringing it up in conversation with the cheese and kisses)

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Keith

The Epiphone amps are great. I used my Epi Valve Jr head at the gig with David Hodge this last weekend and had plenty of power and volume. These amps have outstanding tone. You gotta play them through a good speaker to really appreciate what a nice amp they are. I play mine through Celestion Vintage 30s and sounds awesome, but I also play it through a little 1 X 12 cab with the Eminence 125 speaker I swapped out of my Hot Rod Deluxe. With the Celestions, this amp has a very Marshall tone, with the Eminence speaker it is much brighter and sounds like a Fender. So you can get many different tones from this amp.

Is there anyone in Austrailia that sells small cabs? If so, pick up a 1 X 12 or 2 X 12 with some quality speakers and you will have a great sounding rig.

I found this 1 X 12 empty cab on EBay.au

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Guitar-1x12-Extension-Speaker-Cab-Unloaded-NEW_W0QQitemZ250072820997QQihZ015QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Stick a nice Vintage 30 in there and you have a great cab.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2