Clear all

just got the hot rod deville

23 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

rocker

That cab could be homemade. If you can determine the ohms of each individual speaker and whether they are wired in series or parallel, you can determine the ohms for the cab. I can't imagine those speakers are a known brand if there is no identification on them. Most well known guitar speakers are clearly labeled.

Do not be worried a bit that this amp will not be full enough for your gig. It will easily. These amps can easily be heard over the loudest drummer and can easily compete with any amp out there. Just turn it up and you will see.

The attenuator is good for home. It allows you to crank the amp and keep the volume down. But it can be used at a gig as well to put you over the top. These amps start going into saturation around 4-5 on Volume and Master. You will hear it.

Good luck at the gig, and don't worry. You will be fine. You have a great amp now used by thousands of gigging guitarists. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@savage)

ah yes, I also own ona these. I love it. The natural distortion you get from it is awesome. And, LOUD is deffinately ona the leading characteristics of it. The jump in volume from 1 to 2 is already enough to shake a room. After 3 there should be a warning label. Now volume isn't a necessity, but this amp matches its volume with its tone. There aren't many amps that loud that have the same tone and clarity as the HotRod Deville. Its a beast in its own sense. Glad to hear you enjoy yours.

Andy P.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes.

i was thinking that its homemade also, or very old, the cab itself, is well made, but the speakers, no markings that i could see, i havn't see any like that , but i am lost, when it comes to the technical side.
our band practiced last night, amp was awsome, not worried a bit, well woried bout stage fright, but equipment wise, i feel i'm pretty solid, hey wes if your ever in nashville let me know, i owe you a beer, hell, several beers, and a jam session 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

I know this is a little off the subject of Amps, but tell me about this gig coming up. How many are in your band and what kind of music do you play? Where is this gig going to be? Does your band have much experience playing out? How many songs do you have?

Some helpful tips for gigs.

Be prepared- Have a set list prepared and follow it.

Take your time and don't rush.

Get there early so you have plenty of time to set up and make sure everything is operating properly.

Be professional- don't noodle between songs.

Party after the gig.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes,

the gigs at a place called the sugar shack, its a bar about 70 miles outside of nashville.
the band is 5 man, i play rhythm guitar, i just joined a couple months ago, my best freind plays lead, and they decided to add a rhythm guitar, they have gigged a couple times before me. we play classic rock, and metal, we have about 25 songs, we do the stones, zeppelin, vh,
kiss, i should say classic heavey metal, were going there tonight to see the band thats there,
and check out the crowd. we have 2 weeks before we play, so we havn't finnalized are set play list yet. i'll tell you , the closer it gets the more nervous i get lol, the night before, i'll be a basket case lol. thanks for the tips, if you have any for nerve controll, please let me know :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

I have never been one to get stage fright, guess I'm just lucky that way. I was in a lot of school plays and musicals when I was a kid, so I guess I just got used to it early.

But I know for some people this is a serious problem, even seasoned professionals.

I always just tell the guys let's just go out there and have fun. I mean, you've struggled for months practicing and perfecting your songs. To me, the stress is at practice. Now it is time to let go and have fun.

And also, the crowd will react the same as the band. If the band is uptight and stressed out, the crowd will be too. But if you go up there with a big smile on your face and act like you are having a great time, the audience will have a great time too.

And stress and worry will make you make mistakes. You are always going to make a mistake once in awhile, accept that. When you make a mistake just keep playing like nothing happened. If you make a sour face everybody will know. If you make a huge mistake (and you will on rare occasion), the best thing to do is laugh and joke about it. It can actually become a fun part of your show.

Get a good night's sleep before the show. Drink lots of water. Don't eat a huge meal before the show. Then you will feel physically good and more relaxed. Take nice long deep inhales through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth. That is a good stress reducer.

But quit worrying right now. You have worked hard for this night, now go out there and have a great time. Nobody is going to shoot at you if you make a mistake or I would have been dead long ago.

Look up at the crowd. Smile and laugh. You will have a blast. :D

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes,

i'm really looking forward to the show, we went last night and the stage is good size with great lighting. i think once i hit that first chord, i'll be fine. i'm just going to do you like you said and have fun, i have waited 2 years for this, i was thinking, 100 more gigs and i will have made enough money, to cover all the lessons that i have paid for :lol: can't wait
i can't remember being this excited over somthing since i was a kid, i'll let you know how it goes. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

You'll be fine. Just relax and have fun.

And you better give us a detailed report of your gig. I always enjoy reading those.

Rock their socks off Rocker! :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2