Clear all

AmpStock (Concert for Thunderfingers)

31 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was thinking ...... woudn't it be funny if I could have a benifit concert for my sons amp. Everyone here has been so kind with all their comments, wouldn't it be great if I could have everyone at Guitar Noise over to the man cave for a BBQ and some brews while I put on a show. Hmmmm ..... people can't come over, so I set up a couple of room mics and played the concert into the laptop. I didn't use close micing, seperate tracks or post production cause I wanted it to sound live. The vocals are a little low in the mix but that aint a bad thing. :lol: The price of admission is your good intentions and you have to provide your own brew ...... but here it is ............ AMPSTOCK 2008!!!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=476208&content=music

The bass and drums are midi .... there is a little midi keys in there too. Thunderfingers was at work and his amp is broken anyways, but soon we will record you some stuff with live bass when the new amp gets here.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 23/07/2008 3:24 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Awesome! I definitely need a man cave.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:09 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yeah man, that's what I'm all about. Beer and man caves. The Day Tripper cover has got to be the meanest one I've ever heard. I'm thinking of evil things right now. I can't help it. I shouldn't have taken that helpline off the speed dial....... here, kitty, kitty.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2008 11:26 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I finally got to track 9. Glad to hear it, TR. Genny's take me back to being a kid, though. The memories. :)

On a side note, I was able to have my first one in almost a year a few weeks back. A nice Saranac. Yum-yum.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2008 11:41 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Speaking of track 9, do you play that in an alternate tuning or standard? I've seen tabs for both and tabs in about 4 different keys. It's one of those songs I love and want to learn, just haven't spent the time to do it.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:25 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Well, I've never seen a tab .... :lol: The band I used to be in played it and told me ... these are the chords. Standard tuning ..... G F C G and then G D C G. I use all barre chords, except for the little lead thingy's. Thought you would like the Genny reference Roy. I had just restrung my Strat that day and although I'm not really a Strat guy, thats what I used. It does have a Duncan HotRail at the bridge though. Very hot! :twisted:

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:31 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It does have a Duncan HotRail at the bridge though. Very hot!

Yes, I thought so too. I thought it to be quite impressive when you first hit it. Very hot, indeed.

Roy

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:39 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Rock ON TR!

#4491....

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:46 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Awe shucks ...... :oops:

Posted : 23/07/2008 12:48 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Sweet! Although, drinking coffee while listening is just not the same as having a beer!
Good stuff TR. And compliments on coming up with the theory of the concert. I say we have an anual GN live concert at your man cave!!!! :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/07/2008 3:45 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, what Blueline said. Perfect timing too. This week is Summer up there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy

Posted : 23/07/2008 3:55 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice mean tune, TR.

By the way, the thread should go to 'Hear here'. Couldn't help being a pseudo-mod...

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:05 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Yeah, what Blueline said. Perfect timing too. This week is Summer up there. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hey, is that an indirect way of saying that you'll host the GN concert since you live in NC where it is warm year round? :lol: :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:31 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey, is that an indirect way of saying that you'll host the GN concert since you live in NC where it is warm year round? :lol: :lol:

Are you serious? Do you know how hot it is down here??? :lol: :lol:

Roy

Posted : 23/07/2008 4:50 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Just finished listening to all of 'em, sucking down a cold one with breakers behind me (no, I'm not in the outer basement of my house.) Fun stuff! Thanks for the ZZ dedication!
:mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 23/07/2008 5:14 pm
Page 1 / 3