(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Are you serious? Do you know how hot it is down here??? :lol: :lol:

I do! Just got back from lunch and my car said it was 98. :evil:

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 23/07/2008 5:36 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Same here. So we wait until fall. OK..It's all set then, fall jam at Roy's place. (Runs out of room like John Belushi in Animal House...Ehhhhhhh) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 23/07/2008 8:36 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Same here. So we wait until fall. OK..It's all set then, fall jam at Roy's place. (Runs out of room like John Belushi in Animal House...Ehhhhhhh) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, um......., er......., um..........

Say, isn't North Jersey 1/2 way between the Western New England folks and us thin blooded southern types?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/07/2008 11:08 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great stuff, TR! Pretty cool set list - just wish I'd been in the audience instead of hearing second-hand! Oh yeah, and thanks for the dedication. You should be rocking for a living!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/07/2008 11:56 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Yeah, um......., er......., um..........

Say, isn't North Jersey 1/2 way between the Western New England folks and us thin blooded southern types?
Tell ya what, If I could, I would do it. I just don't have the man cave. Although, we could probably build a stage in my back yard!!! :shock:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 24/07/2008 2:16 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

We'd also have to do a fundraiser to get Vic the air fare to come here once a year.

Posted : 24/07/2008 2:17 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey, I'm up for it ..... I can do Jersy. When will the stage be done? :lol: I'm all for bring Mr. Lewis over here too. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 24/07/2008 2:27 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've got not one, but two man caves. One with a drum set. One story below it, is the beer fridge. Normally find a nice range of Sam Adams, CArolina Pale Ale and who knows what else gets put in there. People bring a 6 pack and drink 1. I've got partial cases of Bud, Old Millwakee, Michelob Light. That stuff stay in there until they come back or the neighbors steal it.

Anyhow, man-cave numeral uno: 12 X 19 room with my guitar rack, the blues Deluxe, the drum set (with cow-bell). One corner is art stuff, but not much and can find a home in the closet for a few days, no problem. Room enough for a few more chairs, amps and guitars.

Man Cave #2 is the office. Small amp with a GT-10 attatched to it and is connected to PC for recording. Nice little out of the way spot for a couple of people to break off from the rest to go work on a riff or whatever.

There's also a community house with their meeting room for rent, I think. I could look into.

Big grill on the deck, and I can feed loads of people. I feed 10-50 people many times per year with our Bike Club parties.

Logistics? 15 minutes from RDU International airport. (which does a non-stop from London on American Airlines) We are 20 minutes from I-85 and 15 minutes from I-40. 2 1/2 miles from I 540, which is where I live.

I know 2 bass players and one former drummer if needed. I bet I can get one or two of 'em top sit in.

Well, something to ponder. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 24/07/2008 3:55 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Hmm, about a 9 hour drive for me rparker. I could bring my son to play drums and/or keys. So when are we having GeNaroo?

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 24/07/2008 10:23 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It does sound like a good time, doesn't it. I thought about it a bit more. I'm not central enough, but might be willing. Impossible to plan anything right now, though. Have to get rid of whatever the hell is still in my head. My reliability is no better than hour to hour right now.

Roy

Posted : 24/07/2008 11:28 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I do need to add, though, that my man-cave situation is very pale in comparison to TR's legendary set-up. Consider bowing down to TR as rendered during any ongoing or future conversations. 8) 8)

What more will you teach us, Sensei?

Roy

Posted : 24/07/2008 11:33 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

How about a several day long event and the first day we all help fix up the man caves (and stock the fridge, of course) and then play the rest of the days? I could drive to NC, it isn't THAT far from here. :)

TR, those songs were very cool. You rock. Literally.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 24/07/2008 12:50 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Great job TR. :D

I've just settled in with the glass of restorative, and listened to the first track. Good one. Long swim from Australia, so I'd better start getting fit. Maybe tomorrow...

Posted : 25/07/2008 9:09 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

How about a several day long event and the first day we all help fix up the man caves (and stock the fridge, of course) and then play the rest of the days? I could drive to NC, it isn't THAT far from here. :)

TR, those songs were very cool. You rock. Literally.

"Fix Up" the man caves? Girl, we got 'em juuuuuuuust-right. Do, um,er, be careful where you sit. Is your tetanus up to date? Allergic to mold spores? Then there's the certain etiquette you must follow. It's mostly unwritten. 3-day weekend is about all's you'll need to pick it up, though. Simple stuff mostly, like never bring a light salad to a man-cave event. No taking credit for other's well placed flatulence, no raggin on other people's beer selections unless it is different than yours, no rooting for the home team unless you can name more than 5 players (2 must be from the past) and the man-cave owner gets the comfy-chair. (This one gets you added to the un-invite list for the next event.)

No, NC isn't that far. The best thing about it is that there's a TON of good motorcycling roads between here and there. I made that trip last 4 days. :)

Roy

Posted : 25/07/2008 11:16 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

"Fix Up" the man caves? Girl, we got 'em juuuuuuuust-right. Do, um,er, be careful where you sit. Is your tetanus up to date? Allergic to mold spores? Then there's the certain etiquette you must follow. It's mostly unwritten. 3-day weekend is about all's you'll need to pick it up, though. Simple stuff mostly, like never bring a light salad to a man-cave event. No taking credit for other's well placed flatulence, no raggin on other people's beer selections unless it is different than yours, no rooting for the home team unless you can name more than 5 players (2 must be from the past) and the man-cave owner gets the comfy-chair. (This one gets you added to the un-invite list for the next event.)

No, NC isn't that far. The best thing about it is that there's a TON of good motorcycling roads between here and there. I made that trip last 4 days. :)
Wow, you men are high maintenance...and I thought women had a lot of rules. Geez! :lol:
It's all good, though. Beer is my alcoholic beverage of choice and I already secretly laughed at TR's beer.
Don't have to worry about the flatulence thing as I am a woman and we don't do that. :wink:
I don't like salad.
I am a sports fan and know my teams inside and out and watch/listen to them regularly.
I am already accustomed to giving up the comfy chair as I have been married forever. Well it seems like forever, anyway. (Sorry, Honey. Don't read that.)

So, when's the party? :mrgreen:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 25/07/2008 12:21 pm
Page 2 / 3