Skip to content
bad news and......e...

Notifications
Clear all

bad news and......er, more bad news & update...

91 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@matteo)
Honorable Member

Hi Vic

I feel sorry for you...I'm so afraid of your accident and hope you will recover soon. I can not forget that you had always been very kind with my requests and so I can only wish you the best. As others said, follow your doctor's advices but also make them questions because it is better to be fully informed on the consequences every thing they suggest you (i.e. taking painkillers to eventual surgery or whatever)

When you will be recovered and i'll play better we can make a CCR/Stones jam!

Cheers mate

Matteo

Posted : 07/08/2006 8:38 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A bit of good news to report.....

I'm back online! Managed to scrape together the necessaries to pay the outstanding bill. Apologies to anyone who may have e-mailed, but because I didn't manage to access my e-mail account for 30 days, it was suspended and everything in the old account lost.....

So see you all around the boards and on MSN......got a fair bit of catching up to do!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/08/2006 4:41 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Hey good for you man!

Cheers

Posted : 10/08/2006 5:24 pm
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Hey Vic, glad to see you back. Best wishes. Sincere hopes that everything turns around for the better very soon!

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

Posted : 10/08/2006 9:35 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Glad to see you back man. Hope the rest will work out fine as well!

Posted : 10/08/2006 10:18 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, welcome back, Vic!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 14/08/2006 4:32 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hi Vic

Hope all went well at the orthopaedic surgeon today.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 15/08/2006 4:42 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Update - Tue Aug 15th.....

Been to hospital today, plaster off, stitches out.....nurse seemed to think my hand looked fine, I wasn't sure whether it most resembled a road map of hell, or a clue left by a serial killer in a Stephen King novel.....

The finger - the one with the severed tendon - flopped down and refused to flip up....so it's back in plaster again till next monday, when I have to have what the doctor called a "dynamic splint" fitted......

So in the mean time, it's open E, slide on the thumb, guitar on the lap......

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/08/2006 9:29 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Vic:

I am pretty new to the board. I read your thread and I feel really bad for your plight, even though I don't know you personally. It has to be every musician's worst nightmare to have an accident that damages a hand. Hopefully something good will come out of all of your pain, but I am not sure I can even think of what that might be.

Mike

Posted : 15/08/2006 9:57 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Something good? Found an article on open E, added that to a lesson in open E by Butch Trucks, feel like my slide playing is improving a lot......even if the slide is on my thumb!

Vic

Posted : 15/08/2006 10:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

even if the slide is on my thumb!
Vic

LOL! Where there's a will there's a way!!! :D

You've GOT to stop hurting yourself!!! :wink:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/08/2006 11:09 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you might want to try lap sliding, Vic. Steinar Gregertsen's a real world-class pro, and he hangs out in the "Slide and Alternative Tunings" section. Bet he can get you steered right for some beginning pointers.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 15/08/2006 11:22 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Go for it, Vic. Take up that slide and make something positive out of the situation.

Posted : 16/08/2006 1:27 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

PDATE.........

Plaster's off again, finger still refuses to go upwards....

On the bright side, been playing a LOT of slide guitar - guitar on lap, slide on thumb, - can now play Rocky Mountain Way (open E) Vigilante Man (open G) No Expectations (open G) and a xery long version of St James Infirmary Blues (I know, it should be open Gm tuning but I still can't fret anything....)

Dynamic splint isn't ready yet - it was supposed to be tailor-made for my hand - doh, someone shpuld have told them to let the swelling go down first.....

Oh well - doesn't look like I'll playing anything fretted for a while - very frustrating, I've got a shed-load of new songs to record......grrr.....

But hey where there's music there's hope......

Vic

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:12 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I knew you wouldn't let this get you down, Vic! You're just not the sort to give up without a good fight! :D One more thing to cheer you up a bit ... Pet's back on the forum! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:22 pm
Page 4 / 7