Skip to content
bad news and......e...

Notifications
Clear all

bad news and......er, more bad news & update...

91 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Good to hear from you again Vic,

And good to hear that this finger thing isn't stopping you and your music.

Yesterday I was listening to George Harrison's 2000 rework of My Sweet Lord for his CD re-issue of "All Things Must Pass" he did some great slide work on that and it didn't sound to hard. But, then what do I know! I am no slide player. Maybe you could try it out though. Bet you could crack it.

Here's a useful link mate:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcAeuRvmzrI&search=George%20Harrison%20Beatles%20my%20sweet%20lord

Don't get disheartened Vic, looking forward to hearing your new songs here again mate. I tell you we are all missing your humor and the pop factoids. GN isn't the same without Vic! And remember as George said "all things must pass" So that finger will move eventually.

All the best

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 21/08/2006 9:27 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Aw thanks Chris - damn right I'll play again, the Mrs is already saying "put that bloody slide down"......

So I must be doing something right......

It's just so incredibly mind-numbingly boring, not being able to pick a guitar up and play chords - I was getting something like decent at rhythm......

As Arnie once said, "I'll be back!"

So here's to kicking the cat - duh - damn, I have two dogs, can't kick them....

Oh Well.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/08/2006 9:51 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Glad to hear it Vic!

Are you doing Telegraph Fantasy Football BTW?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/08/2006 10:41 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Pretty great news Vic.

Hey, if you had a little keyboard, you could also being doing a whole bunch of singing/songwriting - one-hand chords, working out melodies, theory concepts, visualizing the notes of chords and how they move when you go from one to the other. All applicable to guitar too. In fact many teachers recommend keyboards for anyone playing any instrument.

Take care and again - though I know it must be frustrating - don't rush.

Cheers!

Posted : 21/08/2006 11:29 pm
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

But hey where there's music there's hope......

Keep that attitude going Vic - I'll look forward to hearing dome slide songs for SSG

Get well soon mate

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

Posted : 22/08/2006 10:15 am
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Vic,

I'm really sorry to hear of your accident. Your great attitutde will help you get through this, take care, Gwynne.

Posted : 22/08/2006 12:20 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic wrote:
So here's to kicking the cat - duh - darn, I have two dogs, can't kick them....

I wouldn't kick the dogs either Vic, from what I've heard one of them has a knack of tripping you up at the top of the stairs. And we all know what that did last time.

:wink: : :wink:
Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 22/08/2006 12:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A bit of good news for a chamge......

The finger whosr tendon was severed seems to be healing nicely.....still only got about 50% mobility, but then again the back of my hand us still quite swollen.....

Still can't manage to get it all the way up to normal position, but I've made a fist for the first time, although I couldn't quite touch my palm.....

One slight problem with slide - still wearing slide on ring finger, 2nd finger (the sore one!) tends to droop down and press the first string into the fretboard instead of just damping the strings.....

Today, though, I managed to play Am7 and Em in normal tuning....Am7 with 1st and 3rd fingers, Em with 3rd & 4th,,,so it's looking encouraging, but it's frustrating.....

GRRRRRRRR....................

Cmon fingers - work!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/08/2006 12:14 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

WOW Vic, I missed this thread until now.

U DA MAN!!!! Or are you the cat with 9 lives. By my count you've got two in the bag. What else don't I know about....heheh.

Get well, as it appears you are!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 25/08/2006 12:31 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's great news, Vic!

Being impatient is a good thing, it makes you work harder, but it's going to be a long term project.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 25/08/2006 12:40 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

thats awesome news mate

Plenty of beers will help the recovery :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 25/08/2006 8:13 am
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Yah, good news man!

I was just moving my 2nd and 3rd fingers while looking at the back of my hand; the tendons are just so close there - side by side - I guess if things are swollen there, it would make sense that they would tend to want to move at the same time.

So just keep going slow with it and keep up with whatever program they have for you.

Good news indeed!

Posted : 25/08/2006 12:28 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Vic.. You are doing great! Promise us that you'll wrap yourself in bubble wrap as soon as you get completely healed. LOL

Have a brew for me too.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 25/08/2006 12:30 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey Vic,

Glad to hear about your progress. Keep at it! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/08/2006 1:33 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hello Vic,

So happy to hear that you are making progress.

Just try to find that balance between pushing yourself
and pushing yourself too hard.

Take Care

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 25/08/2006 2:40 pm
Page 5 / 7