Clear all

British Seminar/get-together 2006.....

62 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
24.2 K Views
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

If only Pet could be persuaded to bring a few crates of Shiner back from Texas.......

:D :D :D

Vic

I'm fairly sure that there are strict laws preventing US beer from poluting Europe or the UK. Besides, you'd have to let it warm up 8)

Laz

Posted : 07/11/2005 7:41 pm
(@dopygit2002)

Hi,
I would certainly be interested in meeting you guys (if its an open invite that is) and I know of a few people that would also be up for it.
Im not too far from birmingham (about 1 hour) so if you need any info.

Regards

Posted : 09/11/2005 12:48 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The more the merrier, dopygit2002.....

Vic

And welcome to GN.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/11/2005 3:05 pm
(@lee-n)
Estimable Member

It's pretty likely I'd be there.

8)

Lee

Posted : 09/11/2005 11:42 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Excellent, Lee...working my way through the memberlist, still PM'ing people with more than 100 posts.....hadn't got to you yet....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/11/2005 12:26 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Come on, you Brits.....If Arjen's willing to make the effort to get over here from Holland, and Greybeard fron Bavaria, and you can't even be arsed to get a train to Birmingham.....

I'm willing to spend time and money to try to put this thing together, now come on, let's have some positive feedback......

I'll have a look all round the forums in the AM, see who the most active UK members are......

So Far, got 9 positive/maybe replies....let's have a few more eh?

Let's see some butts OFF chairs.....let's do this!

Vic

Posted : 10/11/2005 1:07 am
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

If I'm still here in sunny Essex then put me down as a definite, however I am hoping to be living in Marbella by early next year. Will keep you posted mate

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

Posted : 15/11/2005 8:52 pm
 joak
(@joak)
Eminent Member

I would definatly be up for it, may would suit me fine

Posted : 25/11/2005 6:20 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Excellent!

Hmm, thinking about Scots, where's Big Al Hendrix these days?

Vic

Posted : 26/11/2005 12:47 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Did somebody mention my name? :lol:

You know me, I'm down for being in a room with a bunch Guys....er I mean guitars :shock:

Heheh.

How's that for SOH Vic? :wink:

Posted : 28/11/2005 10:25 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

The more the merrier, dopygit2002.....

Vic

And welcome to GN.....

The only reason i feel i should i have been living in US or UK - Guitars and these meets :evil: :evil: :x

But ...then actually even here i can arrange a meet but the players are just too much divided whether to play indian or english.I want english and so i can't never fit.
My uncle likes english mainly so until next visit to jaipur...

:D

Rahul

Posted : 30/11/2005 11:18 am
(@alangreen)

If I'm still here in sunny Essex then put me down as a definite, however I am hoping to be living in Marbella by early next year. Will keep you posted mate

My word - somebody else lives in Essex. Ten minutes down the road too.

I'm definitely up for this Vic - let me know where and when.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 30/11/2005 11:33 am
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

A late edition - oh sorry - addition ... Yes, I'm up for this, no doubt of it. Don't mind whether Brum or Merseyside - I'd have to fly (Dorset) to make any sense of it, and anyways I've loads of friends in Liverpool I could look up if we went for the further North option ...

Posted : 19/12/2005 2:31 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ah-ha another inmate, er sorry, participant....I think Birmingham is best, pretty central for everyone, easy access whether by car or train....

Anyway I'll brave the heart of darkest Birmingham in january for a pub crawl, er, fact-finding mission....

Vic

Posted : 19/12/2005 10:57 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Birmingham also has an airport and a direct connection with Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam. So would be convenient for me as well. :D

Posted : 01/01/2006 9:08 pm
Page 2 / 5