0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member

May her soul R.I.P.

Posted : 26/08/2008 3:57 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

sorry for your loss. my condolences.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 26/08/2008 4:02 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear about all that. My condolences.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/08/2008 4:08 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Her death will not change the fact she changed your life and encouraged you to play. Celebrate the good she did and play on.

Posted : 26/08/2008 4:32 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Well said, Nick! Sid, my deepest condolences.

Jim

Posted : 26/08/2008 5:21 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I'm doing ok. Thanks to all that responded. My new wife, my kids and my music keep me happy.

Yes, Jackie, rest in peace.

Posted : 27/08/2008 4:49 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Sorry for your loss, Sid.

It's pretty obvious that she was destined to tread a dark and lonely road. She took a detour into your life and left a mark that she probably never expected.

Celebrate the good that she did - maybe even write a song, in her honour.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/08/2008 5:28 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Yep...I certainly concur: write a song about her. You've got some POWERFUL juju waiting to get out...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 27/08/2008 7:08 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss, Sid. And, of course you feel part of you has been lost, because it's obvious from your words that, even though she may have caused you pain, you loved her very deeply. And that love outweighs the pain. I don't think anyone ever completely stops loving someone. You may not like them much at times, but you'll always love them deep in your heart. Be happy that she's not hurting herself or anyone else, and that she's in a much better place now. Keep your good memories alive and let the bad ones go. And, keep that place in your heart for her always.

My deepest condolences!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 27/08/2008 2:34 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss, Sid. And, of course you feel part of you has been lost, because it's obvious from your words that, even though she may have caused you pain, you loved her very deeply. And that love outweighs the pain. I don't think anyone ever completely stops loving someone. You may not like them much at times, but you'll always love them deep in your heart. Be happy that she's not hurting herself or anyone else, and that she's in a much better place now. Keep your good memories alive and let the bad ones go. And, keep that place in your heart for her always.

My deepest condolences!
I can't say it any better than EB, SCS.
So I'm just going to copy her and add

my condolences,
KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 27/08/2008 2:55 pm
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I guess when it rains it pours. I just got word that my mother has cancer of the liver. Doc's are trying to find the main cause as I write this. According to my dad, that cancer came from somewhere else.

And yes, a song is in order. Been thinking about it all day. I've never wrote a song before.

Posted : 27/08/2008 11:42 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm really sorry to hear that.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 28/08/2008 12:18 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Oh man. That sucks. I wish all the best. Be strong as you can, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 28/08/2008 12:29 am
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I'm strong. Stong as an ox.

I'm counting on you folks a lot to help me through this. My new wife is sold as a rock and approves of me celebrating her life with a song(crap, I'm tearing up just typing this)

I want you all to help me accelerate by helping me express my self musically. Jackie would of approved, even though she never saw anything I posted here, she would have loved it just the same.

My mom, is a tough ole gal. lots of kick left in her. A few prayers is all that can be done.

Maybe I should post in the song writers forum. can we start here Nick?

Posted : 28/08/2008 1:01 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I guess when it rains it pours. I just got word that my mother has cancer of the liver. Doc's are trying to find the main cause as I write this. According to my dad, that cancer came from somewhere else.

And yes, a song is in order. Been thinking about it all day. I've never wrote a song before.

The inspiration for writing ALSO comes from somewhere else! Don't wonder about it, Sid...just go with it. Let it flow like tears for your mom.

Heartfelt sympathy and warm regards...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 28/08/2008 1:06 am
Page 2 / 3