14.2 K Views
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm glad to hear that Vic! Great news!

Posted : 16/10/2010 8:26 am
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Fantastic news, Vic. Best wishes to you, and to Marilyn for a speedy recovery from here on in.

Take care,

Casey

Posted : 16/10/2010 9:29 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

OH man, Vic. That is super good news.

I bet you are relieved to escape from the hospital.

Well done!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/10/2010 5:07 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

That is, indeed, great news! Pamper her a bit, now that she's home! And, kiss her on the cheek for me!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/10/2010 6:44 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

How's the first couple days home been? Hopefully well. Good news to hear.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/10/2010 10:59 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, she's been home three days and (fingers crossed and touching wood!) she's been fine so far. A little delicate, a little frail and the weather's a bit cold for her to go out yet, what with the pneumonia and the COPD. I'm certainly doing plenty of running around after her, but that's OK...it'll keep me fit. District Nurse has been out a couple of times to change dressings (the trachaeotomy wound, and an IV line in her arm got very sore) and she's got a doctor's appointment at 8:50am Wednesday, where she'll probably have her blood gases done, and obviously the Oxygen levels, blood pressure and heart rate. She's on a high level of anti-epilepsy drugs at the moment, but that'll be gradually reduced over the next few weeks.

The doctors at the Hospital seemed to think that because of the COPD and impaired lung function, she wasn't getting enough oxygen to the brain, which was causing seizures, which was leading to further breathing problems. So I guess she'll have to be carefully watched for a while.

But - again, touching wood and fingers crossed - they seem to be generally agreed that there's no reason that, with the right medication, she shouldn't make a full recovery. She says she feels a heck of a lot better already, and she definitely looks a lot better and seems to be fairly cheerful.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/10/2010 11:16 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awesome!!!!!

8) 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/10/2010 11:23 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

That is awesome news, Vic! Glad things are progressing slowly but surely.

Jim

Posted : 19/10/2010 12:35 pm
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Wonderful news, Vic! Still a struggle for you both, but tender loving care at home will help a lot.

Renee

Posted : 19/10/2010 3:58 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great news Vic!

Posted : 19/10/2010 8:23 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Great news Vic!
x10

That is really good news, Vic.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 20/10/2010 1:12 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Glad to hear things are well Vic. Blood gas .... ouch!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 21/10/2010 2:34 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Glad to hear things are well Vic. Blood gas .... ouch!

No kidding! I have to have my blood gases done 3 times a year and they always hit the nerves! Ouch!!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/10/2010 2:59 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That certainly gave me something to Google. I've had 'em hit nerves doing regular blood tests. The last one is still sore. I swear she hates me. Regardless of all that, best of luck to both of you for that test. Doesn't sound inviting in the least. I start a new regimine of tests sometime after the beginning of the new year. Hopefully that one's never, ever mentioned. I was told that I get to have a spinal-tap. I'm not even gonna google that procedure until after the holidays. I just don't want to know.....

Roy

Posted : 21/10/2010 3:23 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

That certainly gave me something to Google. I've had 'em hit nerves doing regular blood tests. The last one is still sore. I swear she hates me.

Roy I make it a point to flirt and compliment the "vampire ladies" at my doctor's office. I've never had it hurt more than the initial "stick." Y'all need to practice up on your sweet-talkin'. I learned when I was just a young 'un that it's NEVER a good idea to anger a woman holding a sharp object.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 21/10/2010 7:03 pm
Page 8 / 10