Notifications
Clear all

They Came, They Saw, They Jammed.....

55 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

See - I TOLD you my name was on the Wall Of Fame!!!
rofl.....um, I don't usually have duvets lying around in the living room btw, the computer was behind it (sound absorber). honest. :roll: :wink:

It was there for inspiration - we did a Band Aid-style song called "Duvet Know It's Easter"....................

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/03/2008 12:40 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

So what sort of a recording machine was plugged into that microphone in the third pic?
And who is planning on posting the clips? :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 28/03/2008 6:19 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Looks like a lot of fun and its always nice to put a face to a name as well ..

Nice to see Vic had a hair cut for the occasion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to have to make my way to N Z soon so us southerners like Pbee and me can post things like this :lol: :lol:

Great pics , so how many songs were written ? :wink:

I'll be looking in S S G for them

Cheers

Trev.. :wink:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 28/03/2008 6:32 am
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Really good set of pics,

Thanks for sharing them with us Laz.

So great to see GN members from the US getting together with us UK members and making great music interspersed with lots of fun by the looks of those smiles.

Way to go you guys,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 28/03/2008 7:21 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

And between Newton-le-Willows and Liverpool is St Helens, whose rugby team I follow - and who play Greybeard's Leeds team tomorrow night. Leeds currently Super League leaders, Saints currently second. Should be a cracking game - and it's on TV!

Also, a couple of miles away from N-le-W, is a town called Burtonwood - where Darth Ordinary lives - which should be a familiar name to some of your parents or grandparents, especially if they served in the USAF in WWII - it was the biggest USAF base in Europe. "Yanks" starring Richard Gere was filmed there, as was "Memphis Belle." The screenplay for Yanks was written by Colin Welland - a native of N-le-W - who won an Oscar for the Screenplay of "Chariots Of Fire."
Vic
Ah, our American friends.......
Still sitting about 20 miles North of Leeds at a place called Menwith Hill - several huge golfballs with communications gear, run by the NSA. If the word "Echelon" means anything, you'll know what they do there.

As for the RL, I can only hope that the Rhinos do the same to Saints as they have to their last 2 opponents :D :D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 28/03/2008 8:10 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Sounds like a great time was had, now Im jealous :mrgreen:
I am going to have to make my way to N Z soon so us southerners like Pbee and me can post things like this
Well Trev I always keep a few beers in the fridge (notwithstanding stock rotation) for when you come over and theres a couple of spare guitars as well.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 30/03/2008 6:41 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

rofl.....um, I don't usually have duvets lying around in the living room btw, the computer was behind it (sound absorber). honest. :roll: :wink:

It was there for inspiration - we did a Band Aid-style song called "Duvet Know It's Easter"....................

Vic
I thought you might have sung that Quo hit - Down, Down

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 30/03/2008 6:50 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Vic
I thought you might have sung that Quo hit - Down, Down

What about "gonna start a revolution from my bed"
or maybe just "give peace a chance"

cool to see some pics!

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 30/03/2008 8:41 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great pics. Looks like you all had fun. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/03/2008 9:24 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Sounds like a great time was had, now Im jealous :mrgreen:
I am going to have to make my way to N Z soon so us southerners like Pbee and me can post things like this
Well Trev I always keep a few beers in the fridge (notwithstanding stock rotation) for when you come over and theres a couple of spare guitars as well.

Paul

It will happen mate , I just don't know when ...

I have to some things that need taking care of which is why it ain't happened yet , but it will happen

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 31/03/2008 7:06 pm
Page 4 / 4