Clear all

Wrong Way Rides Again!!!!!!

22 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I could go on for days. Ain't the safest hobby around, but it does make the world one helluva big playground. ;)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 12/05/2008 12:31 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

needless to say I never bought or owned a bike. deep down I was afraid I would go so fast and end up on a slab. I used to be a huge risk taker and was lucky my inner angel had me well under control. maybe someday I will get an old beater Yamaha or Honda and putt putt around the countryside when I end up moving there.
I'll play it safe too.
This is me and my wife 20 years from now.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 12/05/2008 3:59 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I would wear leathers in case I fell off. no skinned knees for me.LOL

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 12/05/2008 4:17 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

To think back in the 70's I was right up front at the State capital protesting helmet laws, and today CT is one of the few states that doesn't require you to wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle.

I have the same problem with seat belts although I wear one I think it's against my rights as a citizen to be told whether I wear a seat belt.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 12/05/2008 4:40 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, cnev, I've gone through Connecticut a lot. I was amazed at the number of people without lids during good weather.

There was this one time that adrenaline got the best of me up there. HUGE rain and lightening on Route 7 between Mass and New Milford. Really nice road. I could not stop. I was racing the storm, getting pelted by rain and lightening going of all around me. The thunder was deafening, which was pretty impressive as the bike I had at the time had some screaming-loud pipes on it. I finally had to pull off into a shopping center just north of New Milford that housed some furniture making place. I could not see 10 feet in front of me at times and my bike would stall if I didn't down shift two gears at a time because of the road lakes that were forming. Somehow, there was a break in the rain gusts just long enough for me to spot the shopping center on the right. One of the biggest rushes of my life. Probably the second most stupid thing I've ever done on a bike. Edit: July 19th, 2002. What good notes I took.

Sorry, I got carried away.....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/05/2008 3:01 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea Rt 7 is a nice road, still not as nice as some of the roads down south, especially where I was living in Clover, SC. Man there were roads that went on for miles and no traffic at all. I wished I had a bike then. Almost boought a custom bike but then I ended up moving back to CT.

I remember riding in the rain..ouch..that was never fun.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 13/05/2008 10:56 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

WTG, Roy!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 13/05/2008 6:05 pm
Page 2 / 2