Clear all

Boss DS-1 or DS2 Turbo

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, I ordered the DS-1 should get it by Thursday this week. I will probably mess around with it for awhile as is, but perhaps I will mod it as you suggest, those sounds clips sounded great. I am not too bad with a soldering iron (but not too good either :lol: }

Thanks again,

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well guys, I got the DS-1 yesterday and have had a few hours to play with it. So far I really like it, although I haven't had a chance to hear what it sounds like at high volume. It seems to be a very flexible pedal, it can go from a mild crunch AC/DC type tone to a fairly saturated almost fuzz tone. And the tone control is great, you can get a very heavy bottom end, or dial it out and get a very tinny harsh tone.

So far I like to turn Distortion all the way down and put the Tone control about 11 o'clock position. Really good crunch. Turn Distortion up to 10-12 o'clock and get some great Classic Rock Marshall-type tones. I've experimented with turning Distortion up higher with my Strat and I can really get some classic Hendrix type fuzz tones, sounds awesome.

Now, it won't get high gain modern distortion, but I'm not into that anyway.

Right now I'm very happy with it, probably won't mod it (I try not to play with things like that too much, had a few bad experiences), but maybe.

Anyway, thanks for the responses and advice, I really like this pedal and think it's a keeper. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2