Notifications
Clear all

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

28 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well, I just finished it, and I'll agree with King Patzer, I was a bit dissapointed with the ending. It seemed a bit rushed and compacted. I think rowling was under pressure from her publisher, so she made a sloppy ending... Oh well, it was a good book overall... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

To be honest, I enjoyed reading and discussing the first couple of HP books with my daughter....now she's 18, nearly 19, it's not the same....

I think she's aimed the books more at people of that age, 18- 20ish...

I've just dscovered Lee Childs, but apart from him I'll stick to Clancy, Holt and Pratchett....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Have you read Prachett's Bad Omens Vic?

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Yeah yoyo ,
maybe your right.I will read it if i find time for it in some far fairy future.There a goblet of fire in my shelf and its so well kept :lol:

I find reading Sherlock Homles much more convincing.And yes homles does plays violin :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

To be honest, I enjoyed reading and discussing the first couple of HP books with my daughter....now she's 18, nearly 19, it's not the same....

I think she's aimed the books more at people of that age, 18- 20ish...

I've just dscovered Lee Childs, but apart from him I'll stick to Clancy, Holt and Pratchett....

Vic

Vic
I am 17 and a half and i find these books absolutly no good.(J k rowling lives in UK right? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

I'm 19. Just finished the book. The end came quickly, but it was absolutely ok - too bad it's a year of waithing now. I can't waith for the seventh book!

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It's a fantasy book originally aimed at kids. So what, the Hobbit was aimed at kids as well and most recoginize it as atleast a good novel. Haven't read anything of HP but I might later. Now I got to go back to Stephen Crane's The Red Badge of Courage and after that I really should read 1984 before I shame myself to death. :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll still read the last book in the series....spent too many hours reading the first six to not find out how it all ends!!!! According to an interview, JK Rowling has already finished the last book....anybody want to take bets on how long it'll be before it comes out?....I'm guessing June 2007....

Teleplayer, I've read EVERYTHING of Pratchett's....and he'll probably have at least another 3 books out before the last Harry Potter....

And if you like Pratchett, you'll LOVE Tom Holt....look out for his books on 2nd hand stalls.....well worth investing a couple of spare quid/dollars/euros on....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Maybe i think i would read Lord of the rings by tolkien.I saw the movie and OMG it simply rocks (My precious :lol: )

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Maybe i think i would read Lord of the rings by tolkien.I saw the movie and OMG it simply rocks (My precious :lol: )

The books are a hundred times better than the movie, and the movie was fantastic . . .

Start with the Hobbit though, you need the backstory for the rest to make sense.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member

...I think Rowling was under pressure from her publisher...
I don't think there's a publisher in the world who'd have the guts to pressure Rowling.

~Sam

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Oh crud! I haven't even started reading any Harry Potter books yet. I'm still waiting for the final 3 Stephen King "Dark Tower" books to be cheap enough to get, but I've read Tolkens "The Hobbit, Fellowship of the Ring, and The Two Towers." I'm looking for The Return of The King at garage sales. Mostly how I get all my books.

Current reads: Bram Stoker's Dracula, Bacheman's (Stephen King's) The Running Man, and Michael Crichton's Time Line.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Here is a good way to download books and either stream them, copy to mp3 player or burn CD's at a reasonable price. It think it is something like $22 a month and you get two free books a month. If you commit to a year you get a free Muvo.

My only disappointment is they don't carry HP.

Link: http://www.audible.com

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2