Clear all

It's amazing how fast time goes by...

18 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I feel like replying to the past X amount of posts for some reason, here we go.

Sleutelbos- In a good way or bad way?

Oenyaw- Sorry for your loss. I hope he's in a happier place now. And yea it must be weird, or something, to look back and see those photos. It's weird enough for me to think how weird it'll be when that time comes.

Dan T.- I wrote some stuff down last night. But I can only write at night time. I never can during the day, I don't know why. Funny thing is, when I turned 16 my dad said something similar. I hated it when he said it then, I don't know it just used to bother me when people used to say to me "you used to be so small." But now I don't mind, for some reason.

Denny- So true. I try to with my parents. As crazy as it sounds, when they leave the house, and I stay home, it's not a guarentee I see them again. Even when I'm mad at them, I try to say "I love you" when they leave the house. It drives me crazy though, I must admit, because I might go frm being so angry to saying I love you. There's no medium when you're a kid and it really sucks, lol.

Diceman- That's cool...awesome song, probably my dad's favorite Aerosmith song of all time.

margaret- "astute" Hmm...clever? I assume that's what it means, heh. Thanks. Rainy days...yea...those used to be the worst ever, but then again, my generation was lucky to have Nintendo 64 and Playstation, so it wasn't so bad lol.

Ricochet- I can't imagine.

StormyMonday- Ahh...30, that's like the dreaded age isn't it?

NEZTOK- I was only 3? Jeez.

Chris_C- 1984, I"ve heard of that before. George Orwell is awesome, he wrote Animal Farm too. Maybe I'll have to give 1984 a read someday. There probably is, and it might be the same at any age. I really don't feel like I'm 16. Sometimes I feel like I'm only 9, sometimes I feel like I'm 25. (Meh, I just realized if you averaged 9 and 25 you get 17, so maybe that really is my "mental age" lol)

Vic Lewis- Yea, I try to put out my best effort every week. Though, for the past three weeks I haven't done anything. Writers block'd. I don't really try for the Hendrix vibe, sometimes I just try to hard when it comes to writing. Thanks man.

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Kevin,
My freshman year in high school seems like only yesterday to me also, even though it was in 1965. Problem is I can't remember yesterday, or even this morning, or what kind of guitar I have.

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

(speaking in a whiny, wistful voice)

When I was a child, all my friends had the latest, newest bricks to play with, all the bells and whistles, deep red color, smooth sides. I had to make do with a used one that was handed down from my cousins, cracked, mortar stuck to it..........

I remember when I was little, about seven years old, that I would be forty years old at the turn of the century. I couldn't even imagine what life would be like.

Now I have grown children, grandkids and all! Where did the time go? :shock:

I've seen stuff like one or two TV's in a neighborhood to multiple media systems in one house. Slide rules to complex computer systems. Rotary telephones to cell phones.

It's kinda cool to hear these words from someone so young and ,yet, so mature.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2