27 Users
0 Likes
18.1 K Views
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Weezer rocks!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

One of the ways to get plenty of exposure is for a label to purchase back large quantities of albums they officially sold to record stores. You don't have to ship anything, you can do it all on paper, and you'll start the day with a guaranteed 30.000 copeis sold. Ofcourse you bought them all yourselves but every radiostation will play it as hit of the week.

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

One of the ways to get plenty of exposure is for a label to purchase back large quantities of albums they officially sold to record stores. You don't have to ship anything, you can do it all on paper, and you'll start the day with a guaranteed 30.000 copeis sold. Ofcourse you bought them all yourselves but every radiostation will play it as hit of the week.

that's awesome. I've never heard of that one but it makes massive sense.

Kinda like when they put on shows for pop stars at shopping centres, complete with autograph session afterwards, right out the front of chart-listed record shops. All the kids buy CD's to get autographed, which translates to the charts, which in turn garners radio play.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

I'm really getting tired of seeing this thread constantly pop up on top of Opinions and Polls....
So, I'm just gunna have to post a reply :wink:

I don't really know what this is about - and I'm not about to read thru all of it; so I hope my reply fits in.

I haven't listened to music radio in my place of residence since I moved from Chicago.... At least seven years now.
(My wife and I did listen to public radio alot)

I never really had a good radio in any of my vehicles, so.... yep, I don't listen to the radio when I'm driving.

Pretty much, I don't listen to the radio.... Except when I go back to Chicago; As soon as I'm in range I have WXRT Chicago tuned in to my car radio 8)

With the advent of the internet, I can get WXRT streaming online - Commercial Free!

Also, on the internet there are 'programable' 'radio stations' like Jango, which I'm listening to right now.
You basically program your own stations.... You can't pick the order (yet), which is okay by me, though you can choose from a large catalog of songs that are constantly shuffled.
No commercials.

I have a 'classic rock' station, a 'comfort' station, a JAZZ station, a blues station, a morning music station, and a World Music station.

You can check out other peoples stations, or their profiles.
You can see what people listen to according to their age and such (if you wanna look at their profiles like that).

I was pretty amazed at how many people have put in their profiles that they don't watch TV at all, or very little.

What I really like about it is that I can play great jazz/blues/or World Music.... which here in the Northwoods there are no stations for ('cause at times, there's more to life than classic rock/rock/rap/& top 40)

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I used to always, and I mean, Always, listen to the radio, morn, noon, night. Then I discovered internet radio like pandora, and I listened to that. I guess I always had a great love for music.

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Ness K ~ "I used to always, and I mean, Always, listen to the radio, morn, noon, night. Then I discovered internet radio like pandora, and I listened to that. I guess I always had a great love for music."

in the 60s when i was a wee lad my mom gave me a little transistor radio, i discovered music on AM in New Orleans, LA.
pop music was great back in the early 60s.
in 67 my Dad one upped her and gave me an AM-FM and i was off to the stars.
Underground radio was were it was at imo. i discovered many different artists early on and developed a wide range of musical tastes.
when i turned 11 my folks let me start buying LPs and singles, and allowed me use of the family turntable.
radio in the 70s and concerts followed along with my old Yamaha Dred, in the 80s i became disillusioned with mainstream radio and stopped listening altogether around 82. in 87 i discovered Punk rock and then the Pixies. i also started playing guitar again.
pandora and last.fm are my addiction now along with a new found love for guitars and music
it's odd to me that here i am 20 years later thinking about all this.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The radio introduces alot of music to young listeners, it is still a very important tool in music

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15