Notifications
Clear all

New Year's Resolutions

28 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I'm going to quit smoking. Going to put that money towards the honeymoon for more incentive.

Going to start taking lessons again.

Going to be the best husband I can be (after September that is).

Spend a little more quality time with my kids. It's often too easy to let them spend time playing games and such. I'm going to build more models or rockets with my son and do things with my daughter before her teens start taking her away from me.

Focus even more on writing my own songs.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I, like Vic, would like to figure out how to use MY Tascam 8 track recorder and get my original songs recorded. If you break the code Vic, let me know! (easy to use right out of the box my a#@!)

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I, like Vic, would like to figure out how to use MY Tascam 8 track recorder and get my original songs recorded. If you break the code Vic, let me know! (easy to use right out of the box my a#@!)

I have and still use a TASCAM 424 mk 3, it took me a few days to figure it out :? but once i did it was fairly easy to use. Just take it one step at a time :wink: its probably a lot easyer to do than learning to play the guitar :D --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Well i don't really have a new years resolution, i've had a pretty good year i'm lucky to say.

I would like to re-address the balance in my social life VS Professional life next year, the last 2 or 3 years have all been about "professional goals"

More specifically i'd like to have someone in my life now, i don't want to become one of these people that's so obsessed with work/own agenda that they can't see what's out there.

My sister also had a baby this year and they asked me to be the godfather, which meant allot to me.

I was never one for kids or family, but seeing a little life like that so innocent is the most humbling experience I've ever had.
That was definitely the highlight of my year.

I guess it's caused me to re-arrange my priorities.

For everyone at GN if i don't "see" you until January have a Happy new Year and my next year be the year to hold all your hopes and dreams.

Rudi.
-
Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I think this says a lot on the subject of resolutions.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Ah, resolutions. I always try to make them more of goals.

I see that several people have mentioned quitting smoking. I am smoke free for over a year and a half now. I can honestly say that I cannot imagine how I smoked as long as I did. But, on the other side, I know deep down that the addiction is still inside me. If I were to slack my resolve in staying smoke free for just a day or two, I would be right back at a pack a day in no time. That's the truly sad part of nicotine addiction.

My goals for the coming year are pretty varied. As for guitar:
1) Find some people to jam with.
2) Play live in some fashion.
3) Improve every day.

I like that last one. That's my official New Year's Resolution. I think it applies to everything, not just playing guitar.

Improve every day!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well same as a lot of folks here, Once again I will try to quit smoking.
I'm also going to work on being a more patient, kinder person, I can be a bit of a horses hind end at times :roll:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

1. Quit smoking. Vic, I'll do this one along with ya.
2. Get rich. I know that sounds shallow and too abstract to be worth much, but the fact is a. you can't help people or give to people if you don't have anything to give, and b. This is a fairly recent goal, so I don't have a concrete plan yet. But I'm working on one.
3. Buy a house. My charming wife is truly the most delightful person I know, and she's stuck by me for so long through so much, she really deserves a place that she can call her own and fix up the way she wants.
4. Read at least 1 hr. a day.
5. Write at least one song a week.
6. Read at least one chapter from the Bible each day. (this is seperate from 4)
7. Pray more / better
8. Get to know at least 1 new person a month.
9. I'll throw in Elecktrablue's list too. Except for the brother-in-law. My bro-in-law is a pretty stand-up Joe.
10. Practice at least 4 times a week, at least 30 mins, to include scales, chords, <ugh>theory</ugh>, and songs.

Dang, I better get some rest. Looks like a busy year.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Last New Years I made the first resolution that I have ever kept. Well anyway, I am close to keeping it.

My resolution was not to make any resolutions this New Years. Wish me luck. :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

wish my dad would go for that :( :(

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

wish my dad would go for that :( :(

Let him read GN for some time if you can persuade him... :D

And you can always take the pledge never to smoke ..drink

ReplyQuote
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Be a better husband, father, employee and musician.
Eat better, lose weight
Quit smoking (I started up again after quiting for 13 yeras)

I'll probably fall a little short on some of these, but I've got nothing to loose by setting my goals high.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

My New Year's Resolutions.
1) To be a better person.
2) To continue taking guitar lessons and keep improving - only been at it four or so months. :-)
3) To survive the NIN concert I'm going to attend in February.

Another tip on quitting of the smoking Vic - when you get those cravings - jump in the shower. When was the last time you got a craving for a cigarette in the shower? Humm, there's also getting locked up in the local jail, many of them don't allow smoking any longer so thirty days in the local hoozgow might be just the thing. Just stay away from the cigarette pusher who gets his girlfriend to smuggle them in by stuffing them - well nevermind that, just stay away from that guy. And before you go wizz on the street in front of the local bobby to get yourself locked up make sure you are in a jurisdiction that doesn't allow smoking in the jail. Otherwise it's like a wasted trip. :-) I quit many moons ago myself. 8)

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2