Skip to content
Only can have ONE a...

Notifications
Clear all

Only can have ONE acoustic - what is it?

24 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I like my Martin! :D

I want to check a Lakewood but they are not available here. I can wait, first I have to learn to play! ;)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

On that list, Taylor 712ce

However, Collings, Santa Cruz, Froggy Bottom, Ryan, Olson, Beneteau, Lowden, Huss and Dalton, Kathy Wingert, Greven, Fylde and Breedlove would be the ones I'd like to choose from.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I don't care, just make sure it has six strings. I haven't tried all of those brand myselves but those I've tried were all more then good enough. Different from each other, sure, but I could live with any random one.

+1
Anything with 6 strings for me too also as well .....well, maybe not ANYTHING

Picture disclaimer...I got that pic from Worth1000.com. I do not, in any way shape or form, take credit for it. It is copyright protected and I do not intend to use it for commercial, not for profit, or personal gain. I will not show it to people that do not understand.

Wow - they're still using Black Diamond strings! I didn't know you could still buy those.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

Pretty hard to choose from that list because, as others have pointed out, there's a lot of good guitar makers missing. Plus those all make pretty good models, and it would boil down to which individual instrument sounded and felt best when I was buying.

All of the companies listed seem to make OK guitars, so like Ignar H I'd be happy with any of them. I have two from companies on the voting list, and they're both good guitars, but the one I'm most fond of isn't there. When I bought the last one I played several on that list, but also looked at Maton and Cole Clark which were both excellent too. And I've heard good things played on McPhersons too.

With most guitars it's not so much the brand as the match between an individual instrument and what the player wants at the time. This seems particularly true with acoustics, but I've never bought any guitar purely on the basis of the maker's name. So I'd find it hard to vote that way.

Maybe you should add two more voting options - "Other" and along the lines of "I go for a sound not a brand name, so any of them might be OK"?

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Although I like most everything on the list, plus some, I love my Taylor 310 so I went with Taylor.

Hi Chris.....

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I love the Ovation 1778 Elite T series. It sounds awesome and has "rocker" looks. For those of you who have not given it a shot, do so! I just can't afford one, or I'd have one. I don't have any acoustic, though

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Although I like most everything on the list, plus some, I love my Taylor 310 so I went with Taylor.

Hi Chris.....

Hi Nils, good to see you again. I've been wondering why I haven't seen your name around here as much, but maybe I've been looking in the wrong sections.

When I was last looking for an acoustic I came very close to buying a similar Taylor. The ones I played really were beautiful. In the end I got a Seagull acoustic/electric which I've been very happy with. But maybe one day... :roll:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

Hey Nils, long time no see!

Absolutely love my Washburn, but I've had a few old Hummingbirds that I really liked so my vote goes for an old Gibson! Or a Martin!

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I just spent a couple of hours on the front porch with my Taylor. I like it fine, and voted for it. However, I don't think I am 100% convinced that this is THE one. Not sure why. It sounds nice and places decent, but I think I like the sounds of the Martin better. Should have bought a cheap something or other years ago until I knew for sure. :?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2