Notifications
Clear all

SoloDallas and his AC/DC cover work. Wow

21 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ciao SD. I was raised by my Italian grandparents; the first six years. I travel to Italy whenever I can and have good friends there.
back in the 70's and 80's I didn'tike ACDC at all. three chord .BS. same old stuff.
then after many years on acoustic and then not owning a guitar for a decade I bought my strat.
then ACDC made all the sense in the world. I love playing along. don't have the licks down and never will.
I understand the beauty of their song construction. I own all their CDS.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@solodallas)

Ciao to you Dogbite :)
It doesn't matter to me to have the licks down or not. It matters the passion with which one plays. AC/DC or anything else.
To me, that counts more than all the rest.

Yup, I've turned old, probably: the single note played with a meaning to me nowadays counts more than most other thing!

Best,

SD

ReplyQuote
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

SoloDallas, watching those youtube vids yesterday made me want to go home and dig out my old issues of Guitar World with AC/DC transcriptions! You're locked in when you play. I'm not really a fan of a lot of their newer stuff, but the two songs I've heard from their newest cd sound really good.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

isn't there a band called Hayseed Dixie (or something like that) who do bluegrass/country covers of AC/DC songs?
Vic

Y'know, that's one of the great things about this site -- random discoveries of new bands.
I never would have heard of Hayseed Dixie otherwise.
By the way, Vic, they're playing in Liverpool in January. :wink:

sorry for he threadjack.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have always been a huge AC/DC fan, I love the tone Angus gets with his SG and Marshall amp, my favorite guitar tone ever. I have seen this guy a few times and he does a great job. Copying Angus's head-bob is a little much, but hey, everybody has their guitar hero.

That brown SG looks exactly like my Faded SG except it has pickup covers. Looks good, I've thought about putting them on mine.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

ciao SD. I was raised by my Italian grandparents; the first six years. I travel to Italy whenever I can and have good friends there.

I am wanting to go to Italy atleast once in my lifetime and check out the great pizzas they make there. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2