Notifications
Clear all

What album most influenced you

32 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

I have to support the individual song theory here. There really aren't many complete albums I completely get into.

I grew up on Johnny Cash, CCR, Joplin, Hendrix, Led Zepplin - going through my parents old albums when I was little. The first thing I ever heard from some place other than the parents that really nailed me to the wall was Def Leppard's - Pyromania. I'm dating myself here. From there it went through early Twisted Sister, The Clash, The Ramones, 80's metal...etc.

Didn't really hit variety until Metallica came out then did the dark metal thing for a while. Really got into music when Soundgarden came out though (never a big Nirvana fan). Then Pantera when I heard a bootleg demo of theirs before Cowboys from Hell was released.

Now though I have an appreciation for Neil Young, Edgar Winter, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, ZZ Top, Social Distortion and even bands that have come out recently like Seether, Dark New Day, Slipknot, Alanis Morrisette, Static-X.....

I just love music...hell, even some of the Dixie Chicks stuff is interesting musically. Basically I am willing to listen to anything for a few seconds and I can tell you pretty quick if there is something there that catches my attention or doesn't.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

highway 61, blonde on blonde, blood on the tracks
are you experienced

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3