Clear all

The Principles Of Correct Practice For Guitar

30 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
12.9 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I checked out the review on this website for the book and clicked on the link.  From what I read on the book's website it seems to be a book that has a lot of sugarcoating.  That's what some people want.  Seems that it could help quite a few people get started.  This could be a good book for beginner guitar players to familiarize themselves with the instrument and music theory.  Then from there they could decide what areas they want to study.  I am kinda guessing here without looking at the book...

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Varg went to jail for killing Euronomus, he didnt go to jail for church burnings.

ANy way i dont like Vargs ideas, but the music he makes is at a very high level!

Never turn your back on friends.

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

Yes, the varg from that book.

Oh yeah, he should make a norse folk album!  :)

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

He already made a norse folk album that is all electric keyboards.  

Did you get a chance to read Vargsmal?

ReplyQuote
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Sorry to get back to the original question, but....
I bought Jamies book about 3 1/2 years ago when I was still quite new to guitar and found it very helpful.
It works on the mechanics of playing, finger positions, pick angle, hand positions etc. The big thing seems to be about removing muscle tension.
It's more about being one with the guitar rather than fighting it.
It certainly isn't a lesson book or will it teach you songs, so if your only looking to buy one book, this wouldn't be it.
Like I said, I found the book quite useful and don't regret buying it.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

I've read selections of Vargsmal

And by the norse album you mean "Hlidskjalf" ?

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Yes i think thats the album, on the cover it has the 3 vikings slaying some guy, its quite a good album, i think Varg makes some very good music.

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

And is that vargsmal available to buy anywhere?

I think i found a site with the complete version. I am unsure if its the full version but i doubt i can post the site here.

I don't think there is an English version, so if you know a place with German copies please post.

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

i think http://www.shopwhite.com was saying they were going to have an English Version of Vargsmal

the copys of Vargsmal i read were of American Nihlist Under Ground Society and they were in english.

I would like to read vargsmal in its whole. Only thing i dont like about Varg is he takes his opnion as fact, what ever he thinks is right is like its writen in stone, and then after that he changes his mind alot.

But over all he is quite a smart guy.

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

I don't mind having German or English I just want the one with the best translation, because the original is in Norweigen, correct?

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Yeah the orginal is in Norwigen, a german version would be much closer because german and norwigen are both very similar.

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

Then I will prefer the german version  :D

So whats the deal with varg? Any news? I require more Burzum, and varg-related things.   ;)

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Burzum is long dead man, Varg isnt going to make another Burzum cd ever. These days varg is very poltical and dosent care about metal any more.

I think Varg is about to get out of Jail soon, he only got 11 years. Bard Faust of Emperor is out of jail and working on some new projects.

Do you like any other black metal?

ReplyQuote
(@burzum)
Topic starter  

Black metal is one of my favorite metal genres.

So yes i listen to other black metal.

As of late, i have been listening to a lot of Darkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger. You?

Oh yeah, my Principles of correct practice for guitar arrived today. :)

Patrick D.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sorry I haven't been on for a few weeks but my computer is dead, a technician is coming around tonight to fix it hopefully. I just wanted to have a little input. Like I said in the review, the book won't make you a great guitar player, no book does. But it does point out a lot of little points about technique that are rarely mentioned or explained but are very important. It did change my practice considerably and it has been for the better. It has still be a lot of hard work though.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2