Clear all

5 NEW MP3'S PLEASE LISTEN AND CRIT.

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jamir)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks to Adam, I have 5 new mp3's on the moosoft website.
You can hear then at       http://mp3.moosoft.net/jamir/

1) Pardon this intrusion ...................lyrics by Maxwell
2) Emerald Eyes ...............................lyrics by Maxwell
3) 2am .............................................SSG2- week 13
4)Portraits of sunset.........................SSG2- week 12
5) Which way does the wind blow... SSG1-week 44

Which way does the wind blow is a revised version and I really think it is worth a listen. I am looking forward to the comments on this one.The backing vocals are done by 9year old Dani-Rose

Portraits of sunset ..... I had a technical problem with and although I have sent the revised version to Adam, he has not gotten around to changing it yet. It is still very listenable though, I just start the song, stop the song and start again about 1 minute in, I was multi pleaxing and forgot to wipe off the first bit , whoooops !!

Please know comments and "constructive" crits are very welcome

Go well
Ja'mir  ;) :-[

I am a cloud within a cloud http://www.justjamir.com

you can hear my songs at :

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=21709

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hello Ja'mir,
I downloaded some of your songs last night and I must say the little girls voice in the background is really really cute, really a very nice effect.
Lovely songs and I love your accent
Regards
Michelle

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi'a Michelle, thanks for the feedback.

For all of you who couldn't wait to hear SSG 2 week 12 and 13.......they are here and I would like some feedback if possible.
Go well
Ja'mir ;)

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Absolutely blown away by these five songs - I think they're superb.  I particularly like the '2am' and 'Which Way does the Wind Blow.'  Very atmospheric collection.

Great guitar work, lovely vocals (the youngster is an inspired choice) and backing tracks very subtly done.

Excellent Stuff  :)

Bob

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Greetings Jamir,

I finally got around to hearing all 5 of these songs a couple of times through, and here's my feelings on them, for what it's worth.

=============
1) Pardon this intrusion
------------------------------
This one... I don't know.  It didn't do much for me.  The worst part is, I don't know why, so I can't offer you any ideas.  More than likely, it's just one of those songs that the whole world will love, and I won't.  (there are a lot of those songs, I think)  Some C/W singer last year did a song where he was kissing some girl on the eyes.  It's probably just something weird in me, but that gives me the willies.

2) Emerald Eyes
--------------------
I think Max's lyrics and your performance of it really complimented one another in this song.  While I'm listening to it, I can actually envision this girl. (She's a doll, too) You both did a really superb job on this one. I think, though I'm not sure, that much of what was said in this song has been said a million times, but somehow you two made it all sound new, and it ended up very original.  I like this one a lot.

3) 2am
---------
This is very good.  I was waiting for this one, and it was considerably different from how I imagined it. You really captured the mood and the moment in this one.  I quite like this song.  I think it's kind of a universal song.

4)Portraits of sunset
--------------------------
Also very good.  But then again, I'm a huge LOTR fan.  So I can't be very objective here.  But you have that high lonesome whistle in the background that really works well. Kind of like using the sounds to enhance the imagery.  Very well done.

5) Which way does the wind blow
-------------------------------------------
This one leaves me speechless.  The child's voice, the wistful, lilting melody, your entrancing voice, it all pulled together on this song, and it's really a fantastic amalgamation of all things good in music.
=====================

I hope some of this is helpful to you.

Scratch

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey there Jamir.

Just had a listen to all of them and let me say first that I don't particularly like this style of music. Not that that's any sort of citique on you. Im just not a fan of the acoustic folk kind of sound. Having said that.I really think you did well with your production ideas. The little touches you added... as others have mentioned.. the little girl's voice. the extra backing sounds etc. Really makes these songs stand out in a genre that all too often sounds the same from one artist to the next. Your voice is wonderful and your accent is sexy. Good work.

-Marv

ps. Im using this space to plug my mp3 (hopefully that'll be plural soon) over at moosoft for those of you who didnt or couldnt get it from the link I posted a while back. Id relaly like some further feedback if anyone would mind private messaging me with it.

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you all for the positive feedback, that should boost my flagging confidence for a while.

Bob,  was 2am anything like you had imagined

Scratch, I haven't a clue who  LOTR  ?? can you enlighten me , and be warned, "Pardon" is Max's favorite song and he will be on the war path with you, to find out why you didn't like it.

Marv,   Seeing we both think eachother have sexy voices, maybe we should re write Midnight Blue and sing alternate verses... promise no accoustic folk, your choice of melody. ( Thanks for the compliment. :-*)

Go well
Ja'mir ;D

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Ya know its weird.. I had it in my head to have male an female vocals going back and forth on that song when I first started working on it. If we can do an arrangement together I'll bet we could do a recording together. I send you my melody idea. You record a version with your vocal parts and whatever accompanyment. Send that to me and I'll finish it up. It would be an interesting process to say the least. But Im getting ahead of myself considering the difficulties Im having with my music muse lately.

-Marv

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Scratch, I haven't a clue who  LOTR  ?? can you enlighten me ,

LOTR is just an acronym for lazy folks like me to say "Lord of the Rings."  I've read Lord of the Rings several times, and seen the movies, and read about them, and I just really like that story.  If I recall correctly, "Portraits of Sunset" was the assignment you did where we were supposed to draw our inspiration from a picture, and you chose a picture of Gandalf hanging from a cliff, reviewing his life.  So before I ever heard the song, I was pre-disposed to liking it.  Hearing it, however, only made me like it more.

and be warned, "Pardon" is Max's favorite song and he will be on the war path with you, to find out why you didn't like it.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to answer to his satisfaction.  He's very good, I've read some of his other stuff, and "Emerald Eyes" I thought was just fantastic.  As I said, it's probably just a personal quirk on my end.  I don't like to hear about people kissing other people on the eyes.  I know it's supposed to be all tender and sentimental, but to me it's just plain creepy.  Oh well.  Thanks for the heads-up.  And above all else,

Thanks for the music.

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Scratch,
i should have known that  >:( total LOTR nutter.......glad you enjoyed it, i wonder if Gandalf would have liked it.

Marv...you're on my friend.

ReplyQuote
(@maxwell)
Estimable Member

It's OK Scratch.  I guess if we had to please everyone all the time with our writing, none of us would ever write a word.  We can't help it if you're the un-romantic type  ;) .

And thanks for the kudos on Emerald Eyes.  Jamir deserves all the credit for the melody there.  I just had the words and didn't know what to do with them.  She has really helped me progress a lot in my skills as a writer of both lyrics and melodies.

-Maxwell

He not busy being born is busy dying. - Bob Dylan (It's Alright Ma, I'm Only Bleeding)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

It's OK Scratch.  I guess if we had to please everyone all the time with our writing, none of us would ever write a word.

Here, here, Max.  I've thought about this a couple of days now, and the fact that I couldn't offer any constructive criticism of the song made me think... maybe it's a really good song, that I just don't care for.  And reviewing it some more, the music is good, the lyrics flow well, and the rhythm is good, and it all works together to make a very nice, coherent song.  
-- Just not my speed, I guess; in spite of the fact that I'm incredibly romantic.  ;)

ReplyQuote