9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.soundclick.com/phasers2stun

Be nice. I have no intention of quitting my day job. Just thought you might like to hear music with the words. The female voice is my girlfriend's. She's not a singer either.

So give a listen if you dare.

Joe

(@surly)
Trusted Member

hey joe,
im at work at the moment so i cant listen. but i will as soon as possible.
as you said, you start to get paranoid if no one replies for a while. but ill let you know what i think for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@surly)
Trusted Member

Cartoon version:
hey joe,
like the super distortion, pick scape intro.

its a cool song. has a real like retro rock feel. like the darkness or something.

More than she needs:
your girlfriend sounds hot! haha. but seriously she has a realy nice voice. suits the song perrfectly. it reminds me of a bond song. the trumpets are really good touch, the whole song has a cohesive atmosphere to it; kinda arabian nights feel to it... i really like this one.

ill try and get to the others later. good work though!

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Surly. I was a little nervous about posting the songs. We're still working out the kinks and like I said, none of us are singers, so thanks for the positive feedback. Means a lot especially after hearing your song. Some people have been asking for months now for me to post something, so I figured what the hell? Oh, and she IS hot. Hehe. Thanks again.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Joe, me old mate

I just listened to all of your mp3's, Im impressed theyre just great well done, and well done Joe's girlfriend you have a really nice voice. At last I finally get to hear some of your stuff, all I can say is that it was worth the wait :D .

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Whew, what a relief. I was afraid when I didn't hear from you, maybe you hated every song. So thanks for freakin' makin' me sweat, there, Pbee. Ha, just kidding. Really glad you liked them. That means a lot coming from you guys. Thanks for taking the time to listen and let me know.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Your welcome, Im not able to put any time into SSG at the moment as Im really busy with my other life, but anyway Im jealous now cos I cant write rock songs and you can.

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Nice work Joe.

I've only listened to Cartoon Version and More Than She Needs, listening to Just Be as I write, hope to listen to the rest another day. If you two don't consider yourselves to be singers then you must have one heck of a local music scene. Musically these are great too, very ambitious. I just sit my voice and guitar down beside a computer mic and let fly, but these are really well done.

I often find myself agreeing with Pbee, and this was no exception, especially the jealosy part.

Keep it up.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Slowplay. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. No, seriously, that means a lot. Thanks. I finally broke down and bought a new computer, so whenever I get a moment I try to catch up on everyone's Mp3's. But I've got a lot of catching up to do. So far, I've liked most of what I heard. I understand "rough" so I'm able to bypass some iffy vocals and guitar playing and just feel the music. Though, most of the time even the "iffy" vocals and guitar playing aren't as "iffy" as the artist seems to think. We're always our own worst critics. There's a lot of talent on this site. I don't unfortunately have time lately to participate as actively as I used to, but joining this forum has been one of the better things I've done. Anyway, didn't mean to ramble--those warm and fuzzies kicked in. Thanks again. Looking forward to listening to all your songs.

Joe

ReplyQuote