OT -- anyone hear from Bob this week?

15 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hey gang,

Anybody hear from Bob this week? Bob? You OK? Any ideas for a week 39 assignment? Machine crash? Need help? Talk to us, man. We're just a bunch of rag-tag would-be songwriters craving direction without you, oh fearless leader. Help us O-Bob-Wan-Kenobi.

-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

hey scratch,

i was thinking the same thing; this isn't like bob.

if it isn't one thing it is another for you scratch, first you lose you muse (i'm still looking for her) and now you don't have your fearless song writting leader. *big consoling hug* it will be ok, they will both came back in due time.

by the way if you happen to find an extra muse, the wrong one, or just an aimless muse that needs to be tied to someone please send it my way. i have been without one for so long my memories of it are fewer and foggier.

thanks and keep your chin up,
CheapThrill :D

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member

i am a 'muse' d , but can't help with Bob's where abouts. how about taking a line from a book, any book off the shelf growing dust, where ever you open it, top line, no cheating..... always great fun and lets see what we come up with.
i thinkith that bob is just very busy !!!!!! poor man lets help him out.
Go well
Ja'mir

I am a cloud within a cloud http://www.justjamir.com

you can hear my songs at :

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=21709

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

well since bob is our fearless songwriting leader who has seemingly dissapeared, there is only one feasable solution. Write a song to bring him back! a somewhat of a chant that will find him! lol also to bring back some muses as well :lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't know where he is, but I'll be happy to take over my old duties until he returns.

ReplyQuote
(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

hey nick,

it would be great if you would take over for this week. this flock of sheep needs a sheep hearder other wise we will wonder off aimlessly. and that would be really bad. can't lose any of the flock.

so if you are going to take over nick, you better do it soon. :lol: it is already tue night. it's late, that makes 2 less days to write. now it makes this week even more of a challenge.

thanks for steppin' up nick.

-CheapThrill

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey

did you realize it was 18th of july when bob posted something last?
now it's been 2 weeks, and no one seems to know anything about where he is...get's me really worried gradually

maybe he's just very busy though.
no time to write a little "I'm ok" message?

and what are we supposed to do now? *existencialfear* :wink:
may nick would give us another assignment?
I have an idea for one but I'd be a fool to suggest it, I don't wanna do it myself, have done it before and don't feel like doing it again right now :wink: (ok it's like this: write a song, any subject, matching the melody of a 'known' song=> write alternative lyrics to a song, maybe even make up some intelligent lyrics to a song which has a great melody but stupid words...)

best wishes,
oh and please donate for the 'find-bob-foundation';)
bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Maybe he's been on hols

In which case, he could have sent us a postcard with the assignment written on it.

Therefore, he's probably been kidnapped by aliens from a world devoid of music, and he's teaching them some Chuck Berry licks whilst trying to explain the words to "Red Cadillac and a Black Moustache"

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

.......or, he could have won that £21 million double-rollover on the lottery and is presently being fed exotic fruits by scantily-clad dusky maidens whilst teaching them the backing vocals to "Baby You're A Rich Man".......

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Either he did win the money which wow congradulations or something else. man... I hope nothing bad happened to him? :?

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Everyone

My total apologies for not being around just lately I've had an absolute ton of stuff to sort out at work and personally and needed some time to concentrate on other matters. I haven't even had time to switch my PC on at home.

I'm not saying this board isn't important as I really enjoy setting the assignments and reading the great stuff that comes up but other aspects of my life have dominated in the last month or so and they have required my full attention. It's only starting to slacken off just now so I thought I'd be back with a vengeance. However, my dad is due in hospital next week for an operation so I'll be backwards and forwards for that but I will be back next week - it may be a bit patchy but I'll be around.

Thanks for your patience and I trust you'll bear with me.

Bob :)

Vic - I'm off to check my lottery ticket right now *fingers crossed* - just like my guitar playing. 8)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL Bob - good luck with it mate! ........but you scared the holy bejasus out of some of us, at least keep in touch!!!

"A flock of sheep without a leader" someone described us as..........!

hope everything sorts itself out, and welcome back - as soon as!!! and that's not just me, that's all your mates here,,,,,,,,,

:D :D :D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

welcome back bob,

*running over giving a big hug and kiss*

we are all so happy to hear you are alive and well. i think i speak for us all when i say we all love and care about you. we were worried about you, and if you have had a chance to look at the board we were lost without you. you need to bring your flock back together, too many of us have wondered off.

i admit i am one of your sheep, not one of the brightest since i haven't been able to write a single song here yet.

i was also one if the people that were getting a bit worried about you. please don't leave us again like that. a simple "i'm alive" would be nice.

don't let life get you too down.

-CheapThrill

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi Bob!! :D

I completely empathize with you. I'm getting overwhelmed myself the last few weeks with work & home & etc... I'm just glad you're OK, and wanted to let you know that my thoughts & prayers are with you and your dad. Hope it all sorts out well. In the mean time, we'll be happy to hear from you when you have a chance.

Best,
-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey bob!

man I'm relieved you're ok so far :D
it's understandable why you haven't been around and I wish you all the luck on earth for your dad and whatever is going on over there right now;)

just...next time I hope you find the time to inform us you're alright;)

good luck&best wishes
bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote