Oh, please wake me
Before they stake me

Yeah, please wake me
Before they stake me

Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, bush. Actually none of it was forced. This was one of those "minute songs" I call them. The ones that just pour out in minutes and everything kind of fits without effort. The blood thirstiest line goes with the next line-- "What left me this blood thirstiest desire and fear of fire (traits of a vampire, of course)." The reason I had IF they keep on chasin' me--other than the fact that it just naturally flowed that way, was to convey the idea of If this keeps up and you don't wake me soon, they're gonna catch me. I get what you're saying, though about urgency--you sound just like my editor. Elma? Is that you? So, I'll try it your way for a while and see if it grows on me.

As for melody, it's just a fun song, fast. I couldn't see writing something serious to such a silly theme (no offense to anyone who did). The words sort of wrote themselves to a melody I had in my head after hearing a song my girlfriend was playing. Some Joan Jett song, I think called Wild One, or Wild Child. In fact, I had a hard time reading the lyrics back without singing. I wrote my music (chords) differently, of course, but with that same kind of feel. Thanks, Peter.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Hey Joe
Where you goin with that stake in your hand? :D

At first when I started reading the lyrics I thought it was some victim being hunted then realized it was the vampire being hunted.

The opening to a Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode. I kid, I kid.
Oh they're comin' for me, baby
And only you can save me
Yeah, I'm runnin' through the park
From angry voices in the dark

Here's where I realized my mistake.
So shake me
Baby, shake me
Oh, please wake me
Before they stake me

As much as I like this verse I sort of agree with Bushpig. I wouldn't change it to much though.
No, I don't remember turnin'
Just a serious yearnin'
For what left me this
Blood thirstiest

Your song managed to make me laugh. Which means I liked it. I imagine too much '80's style keyboard music with this song for some reason, or even a "Weird Al" type of song. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Joe,
I like your song, I got the impression that you were dreaming and it was your partner shaking you to wake you up in the morning. Must have been winter cos no one likes getting up in the morning at that time of year. I enjoyed it thanks

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Not anything to add. But I really like it.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I might consider changing bloodthirstiest to bloodthirsty-ish. Still keeps the thought I want to convey with possibly even a bit more tongue in cheek. Whadda you think, Guys? Remember it ties into the next line--Left me this blood thirsty-ish desire.

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Joe

Bloodthirsty-ish works - for a minut song, as you describe it, this is really, really good. I like the idea of the chase and the perspective of the newly turned vamp rather than the victim.

Great stuff

Bob :twisted:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote