Clear all

SSG Year 10 Week 26

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It's a cold, rainy day here on the east coast of the US. David may even be getting snow after temps near the 80s last week. (for you celsius people in the rest of the world that's approximately 26,000 C). One of my friends posted on Facebook that it's a perfect lazy day while another posted it's dreary while yet another posted it's a typical English summer day.

What do you think?

This week it's all rain songs all the time. Try to find sometime new about it. Minus several thousand points for comparing rain to your tears.

Good luck.

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

A typical English summer day.....about 16F/61C, with a cool breeze blowing. Dull and overcast. It doesn't actually start raining until someone (a) starts a barbeque or (b) starts a game of cricket. Or (c) settles down in front of the TV to watch cricket. Or (d) asks someone what time does the cricket start. Or (e) the crickets start a barbecue and a game of football. Or (f) a cricket gets into the barbecue. Or (g) there's a music festival on. Or (h) it might just start raining because it's summertime. Or (i) someone says, "it's not going to rain today - let's take the kids to the park and have a picnic." Or (j) because it didn't rain yesterday, and you can NOT have two consecutive days without rain. Or (k) you decide to wash the patio down. (Washing the car is reserved for Sundays - it ALWAYS rains on Sundays.) Or (l) the kids are off school. Or (m) the kids are back at school. Or (n) you're picking the kids up from school. Or (o) you go out without a coat. Or (p) someone decides it's a nice enough day to wear shorts. Or (q) the radio plays a summer song.....they play the Beach Boys, you know for a fact it'll throw it down inside the next five seconds. Or (r) the radio plays a song with "rain" in the title. Classic Rock stations are the worst, you'll never get through a day without hearing either "Cold November Rain" by Guns'n'Roses or "It's Raining Again" by Supertramp. That's just tempting fate! Or (s) a cricket gets into the radio and blows the circuit board - as soon as flames shoot out of said radio, it'll start raining. Or (t) you hang the washing out. Or (u) you've just put weedkiller down all the cracks in the paving, and it says on the bottle "apply only when no rain is forecast for at least 24 hours." Or (v) you decide to clean the exterior windows. Or (w) you decide to paint the exterior windowsills. Or (x) the window-cleaner's due. Or (y) you open all the windows to let some fresh air in. Or (z) this week's SSG topic is rain.

Did I miss anything?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

So you get a bit of rain up there then Vic ?

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

very occasionally.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Umm, PBee, doesn't the Maori name for NZ translate as something like "land of the long white cloud?" Hah, if the Maoris lived here, England would be "land of the ever-present all-encompassing blotting-out-the-sun for gawd's sake have a day off black cloud!" And that's not just when I'm playing blues.....

Oh and as I write, guess what? It's raining so hard I can hear the almuninium shed rattling in the back yard....sounds like Keith Moon's snare drum. Ho hum, summertime.....

Hey, the Olympics are being held over here this year - billions of pounds spent on tarting up London, what's the betting it rains every day? Might just see what odds the bookies are offering on that....

Vic

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

sounds like the beginnings of song in there Vic :D

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Vic, love your comments. I think you do have that song half written.

Renee

ReplyQuote