SSG5 - Week 17 - Come for a song - mp3

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This is a very topical assignment, as our local Music Club is needing a radio jingle for the next meeting. In these meeting we hire a profesional band to play after a "blackboard" concert. This way we get a bigger crowd. So this is my entry:

KLMC = Kapiti Live Music Club
mp3 here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=328886&songID=5057784

Come for a song
© Copyright 2007 Paul Brady

Come for a song at Waikanae
Hear < The Vipers > and that's not all
The KLMC are doin their thing
Tuesday night at Murphy's Law

<
blah blah blah
only $7
>

So come for a song at Waikanae
You could even take the floor
The KLMC are doin their thing

Check out my Reverbnation page here

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Paul

I am getting greedy I think .. I was really enjoying the MP3 as fast as it started it ended leaving me rather bemused ..

So with out more Blah blah { which I was tempted to do submit as a song last week } ...

I'll just say it is a very kool song a little short but hey ...

Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
 Joe
(@joe)
Honorable Member

Great jingle. I'm guessing the "blah, blah, blah" is supposed to be the announcer speaking, but it's kind of funny as just part of the song. I think you should add to it and make it a complete song. Like Trevor says, we're getting greedy. I think you've spoiled us.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Very good pbee. I like the sound of it a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great jingle. I'm guessing the "blah, blah, blah" is supposed to be the announcer speaking, but it's kind of funny as just part of the song. I think you should add to it and make it a complete song. Like Trevor says, we're getting greedy. I think you've spoiled us.

Joe

I pretty much agree with that - I'll add "too long for a jingle, too short for a proper song" - love to hear this developed to its full potential.....

PBee, you're yet another singer/songwriter who's getting ever more confident - your guitar playing has developed a lot, not to mention adding bass, and your vocals are getting stronger too....i always look forward to reading/hearing what you come up with - keep it up, you're attaining a high standard!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys I appreciate the support. Yeah the "blah blah blah" is the announcer.

PBee, you're yet another singer/songwriter who's getting ever more confident - your guitar playing has developed a lot, not to mention adding bass, and your vocals are getting stronger too....i always look forward to reading/hearing what you come up with - keep it up, you're attaining a high standard!!!
Thanks Vic, it means a lot to me to have that kind of feed back from a musician that I respect.

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote