SSG5 - Week 50 - Three Choruses - pbee

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

With such an innocuous little title I though some controversy might be in order. Sorry John I don't think it was quite what your grandson had in mind.

The Cookie Song - Celt
Cos I'm stuck here on this planet
Like a cookie in a jar
And the air is getting hotter
They say it's from my car
They say it's from the carbon
An inconvenient truth
So why's the ice still melting
On those other planets too ?

Red on Red - CitiZenNoir
Red …on ...red,
Twice the spice, you and me
Red …on… red
We're in trouble
We're in double, jeopardy

Easily Gleaned – Blueline
It's easily gleaned, I guess you could say
But easily said is not easily done
And easily gleaned is just one point of view
Cos I see the world a little different from you

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

(@davidhodge)

Hi Paul

Nice take on The Cookie Song. Only thing I might say is that if you're trying to make a stand, you undermine yourself with the last two lines. I guess whoever writes the verses will have to decide that. :wink:

Also liked the feel of Red on Red (paprika and cayenne or chili and cayenne?). Definitely has lots of groove-potential.

And I'm totally taken with Easily Gleaned. Nice job there on something simple and easy. I really didn't think this title would take well and I'm quite impressed.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks David,
Nice take on The Cookie Song. Only thing I might say is that if you're trying to make a stand, you undermine yourself with the last two lines.
I understand what your saying , if I was writing the rest of the song it would be along the lines of the "political/media feeding frenzy" over carbon being the modern evil at the expense of other things. Indeed there is emerging evidence that suggests that although we are producing far too much carbon based a gasses which ultimately cant be good for us, its not these gasses that are affecting the planets temperature but possibly the increase of ultraviolet light.
Red on Red I think is an excellent title and for me was begging for a little alliteration
Easily Gleaned, I'm hopping that the chorus is still reasonably generic enough to allow plenty of scope for the verses.

Cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

The Cookie Song - Celt
Cos I'm stuck here on this planet
Like a cookie in a jar
And the air is getting hotter
They say it's from my car
They say it's from the carbon
An inconvenient truth
So why's the ice still melting
On those other planets too ?

:D Hi Paul, I liked that a lot.

Nice to see a change from the more traditional 'politically correct' line when it comes to songwriting. :P

I've also read that the temperature is changing on other planets, in similar fashion to ours, and that increased solar activity has been suggested as a possible cause. So whilst I support the general push for more personal and corporate responsibility in all matters (carbon emissions included), I think that much of the climate debate is still guesswork. So I like the somewhat cheeky and provocative tone of the lyrics - but I also think you've done a good chorus there regardless of any perceived political content. Could be a good song in the making there...

Red on Red - CitiZenNoir

Red …on ...red,
Twice the spice, you and me
Red …on… red
We're in trouble
We're in double, jeopardy

Punchy and intriguing. Sounds like a real chorus, and also makes me want to hear the song. :)

Easily Gleaned – Blueline

It's easily gleaned, I guess you could say
But easily said is not easily done
And easily gleaned is just one point of view
Cos I see the world a little different from you

I like your words, but I'm still having trouble getting a feel for how this title pans out as a song. I'll be interested to see if anybody takes up the challenge of providing verses.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote