SUNDAY SONGWRITER'S GROUP - WEEK 32

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This week has been hectic so far with my house move put back for the third time and a week of exams and coursework deadlines. However, in amongst all that I've had a line buzzing about in my head that is dying to be made into a song.

"She sits there staring at a faded photograph" is that line and this week I intend to try to put some flesh onto its bones - It's a starting point as it where.

So for this week's topic I want you to pick something that's been defying your best efforts thus far to make it from your head to the page and suffer to see it out there. This may prove difficult if it's been around for a while but let's see where we get to.

If you haven't got something as blatant to work with then pick a song of your own you're not completely happy with and try to change it around to better put your point across. It may be appropriate to change the narrative style, the point of view, the rhyme scheme, improve the imagery etc - all lessons we've covered thus far. It may just be somebody else's insight you're looking for to move this around - that's what we're here for. Remember to post the original and the revised version together.

Good writing

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Hey Bob when can we do beer drinking songs ?

4 line choruses

aa/bb/cc verses

a minimum of 4 verses and a 2 line intro

just a thought

ignore me if it has already been done while I was away

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

Hey Bob when can we do beer drinking songs ? Yes! I like this idea, especially since I was partying last night!

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote