5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

I've been listening this week to a bit of Jethro Tull and came across a couple of songs which led me to a particular topic for this week's assignment. What I'd like is for this week's song is to use animals as the basis of our imagery. Obviously not a song about your dog or cat but the qualities of someone or a group of people that can be seen in animal nature(s). In case you were wondering the two Jethro Tull songs I was listening to were bungle in the jungle and steel monkey.

I'm sure you'll get the idea

Good writing

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I really must get back to writing again - only written one song in the last couple of months or so, and that a collaboration with Blueline (who did most of the work) and Chris C.

Haven't even had time to look at what everyone else came up with - been a madhouse here for the last couple of weeks. If this house were to be featured in a documentary, there'd only be one choice of music for the soundtrack - Fun Boy Three singing "The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum."

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm in the same boat Vic, I haven't had much time for GN lately, let alone song-writing. I'm going to try and get back into it, but I'm drawing a blank for this week. I might just look back over the 3 or 4 last weeks and see if I can find one can start with.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I'm with you Vic,

Life has been pretty hectic for me this summer.

Fortunately some of what's been keep me away
has been music related.
(Like actually playing my guitars)

I'll see if I can pull off two SSG assignments in a row this week
and maybe get some momentum going.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll see if I can pull off two SSG assignments in a row this week
and maybe get some momentum going.

At the moment I'd settle for ONE in a row!!!

Although we've had a similar topic before - I got two decent songs out of it - "Catspaw" and "Monkey" both of which are on the to-do-properly list!

I'll try and get something down this week....trouble is, the longer you leave it, the more difficult it seems to be to get back in the swim!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote