6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone

I kind of shot myself in the foot with last week's assignment by mentoning this week's assignment. Sticking with the familiar I'd like this week's song to be about your daily routine - if you don't have one you're luckier than most. Annoyingly the only example I can think of at the moment is Sheena Easton's 9 to 5 :oops: from way back in the early 80's (may even be late 70's) and it was about someone else and not herself so doesn't really count. We should be able to improve on that :wink:

God writing

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Ahhh I thought this was going to be the topic , after last weeks notice ...

I started writing on this theme its' actually harder then I thought it would be ..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Bob

I'm not complaining about a repeat assignment but we did
this one Year 4 Week 10. Just saying if anyone would like
some examples searching there may be a good place to
start.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Celt

Each year there are a few assignments that tend to reappear but this year I'm trying to bring some structure to the way I set the assignments - rather than my normal haphazard what's taken my fancy this week approach. The first few weeks are all about something familiar. Finding inspiration from things that we know very well. I'm trying to get us to think away from some of the more traditional songwriting themes and into areas we may never consider but which may provide entertaining and enjoyable songs. This assignment just happens to fit with the famiiar.

Bob

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

Hi Everyone

I kind of shot myself in the foot with last week's assignment by mentoning this week's assignment. Sticking with the familiar I'd like this week's song to be about your daily routine - if you don't have one you're luckier than most. Annoyingly the only example I can think of at the moment is Sheena Easton's 9 to 5 :oops: from way back in the early 80's (may even be late 70's) and it was about someone else and not herself so doesn't really count. We should be able to improve on that :wink:

God writing

Bob :wink:

Another example would be "A Day In the Life" by the Beatles. Now where did I put that orchestra I was playing around with last week? :D

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote