Famed Member
Topic starter  

Y12W18 Deadlines

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12704642

Chorus
I love deadlines
I love deadlines
I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by

They are acceptable, collectable, connectable, correctable, deflectable, delectable, detectable, ejectable,

electable, erectable, expectable, respectable accessible, addressable, allegeable, confessable,

chorus

They are illegible, ineffable, accountable, dismountable, achievable, believable, conceivable, impeachable,

adaptable, attractable, enactable, exactable, extractable, infeasible, receivable, unreachable

chorus

They are impractical, intractable, retractable, additional, divisional, nutritional, provisional, transitional

admissible, divisible, equivocal, forgivable, invisible, municipal,
pontifical, unbridgeable,

occasional, original, peripheral, pictorial, political, traditional, primordial, professional,

proportional, proverbial, provisional, rabbinical, receptacle, reciprocal, relational, remedial

chorus

(@hobson)
Noble Member

I don't think I've ever heard so many adjectives in one song. Some of them fit better than others as a description of deadlines. The music is perfect for the lyrics. I can almost hear those deadlines wooshing by.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

Wow that's a lot of rhymes. It's definitely a very original direction to take this topic and I like it! I haven't had the chance to listen to the sound track but I hear it sung over a single acoustic guitar.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Renee and GrungeSunset,
I hear it sung over a single acoustic guitar.
You got it!...with drums train beat :wink:
I don't think I've ever heard so many adjectives in one song.
:lol:
Some of them fit better than others as a description of deadlines.
Agreed. The list should be revised in a more sensible fashion :wink:

This was a bit of poking fun at myself and kids. :P

When I played them my song
Y12W15 Oh, Those High School Days
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=55620

They said, "Dad, you can't rap!" and based on the response (or lack of) to that song at SSG, I think the silence is in agreement with them....... :roll: :roll: :roll:

..... but why shy away from our challenges :wink:

When they heard this song, my son said again I can't rap. I said, "It's not rap. It's rock-a-billy" :note2: .....he was still unimpressed....tough crowd :lol:

Thanks for the feedback :)

James

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Hi James,

I suspect your portfolio of English lessons is becoming quite impressive. It's always fun to imagine the reaction of students to these precious works. Do you actually use them in teaching? Anyway, adjectives aside, I think you could use the chorus as the complete song. Love listening to it. Thanks,

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Neil,
Do you actually use them in teaching?

I would not use this song because of the speed and the particular vocabulary these lyrics have, but the idea could be used for another concept with adjectives.

I have used a lot of the past grammar type songs though....and the kids seem to like them....then again, I have a captive audience :twisted:

Here is where I post the grammar songs.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxYAjo1skOWZeDQ5V0dzM1VGM2M&usp=sharing

Thanks for the listen and post :D

James

ReplyQuote