Notifications
Clear all

Y7 Wk18 Michael

24 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

Hope you didn't mind me taking your spud head out for a spin, but you know what Ken wants, Ken gets

Yeah, he likes to get out... but he is a little nervous about falling off the shelf and spinning around on the floor... :wink:

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey James

Yes, I'm still here... :roll: but only for a few minutes...

Chikadee - sorry, but NO NO NO - the Beatles or Michael Jackson (and I have to go out on a limb here) NEVER used the word 'Chikadee' in any of their songs... (but I may be horribly wrong :oops: )

Maybe Michael sang something similar during Rockin' Robin, but that's as close as it gets.

Please James, change that word - rest is GREAT though.. :wink:

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@contagiousjerm)
Estimable Member

Please James, change that word

you're an artist... don't let the industry corrupt you!!!! unless they pick you up in a limousine... and give in to your demand to be given only blue m&m's... in large quantities

but then, I'm confused, because I can't find chickadee in the song lyrics anyway :? maybe you sold out already?

Jeremy

And my Soundclick Page to listen to my song submissions: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903876

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

but then, I'm confused, because I can't find chickadee in the song lyrics anyway :? maybe you sold out already?
:mrgreen: SOLD!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
I figure it's good to sell out early, so when the money comes a long, I won't have any problem collecting the checks. :wink:
There is a saying, "Integrity is crucial for business success - once you can fake that, you've got it made." -Henry Ford :lol:

FYI
Here is where the "chick-a-dee" was originally:
all the joy is gone
my life, my love, my songs
she was my chick-a-dee [or] my little chick-a-dee
Michael, give her back to me

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi Guys

Sorry about that Chickadee outburst - I guess I was a little preoccupied to notice you'd already dissed it... :oops:

I think I read the lyrics about an hour after you posted them James, but it took until now to comment... my mistake.

I'm all for throwing blue M&Ms back in the faces of the pen-pushing bureaucrats, but c'mon - chick-a-dee.... your killing me!

Wait a minute...I feel a song coming on.... :note1:

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yeh, and he wouldn't take my word for it . . .
it wasn't until his wife nixed it . . . that he changed it . . .
just goes to show you how much weight I carry . . . around here.

KR2

Memo
Re: Use of the term "chickadee"
To: All SSG participants

It has come to my attention that certain people are incognizant of the absurdity of the use of "chickadee" ( heretofore referred to as "said term") in song lyrics.
Please be aware that use of
- said term has no relevance outside the shelves of the North American continent.
- said term has connotations that are sappy in general and
- said term is inappropriately comical in nature
- said term is copyrighted in the film industry and the use thereof possibly would infringe on pending copyrights

We therefore, humbly ask all to refrain from the use of said term in future postings of song lyrics.

Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anonymous

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ken,

Looks like you put those Jeremy points to good use to solicit some legal help to publish that document. :lol:

We'll just have to double the watch to see what if any anarchist or worse passive aggressive type might try to slip in a "chick-a-dee" on that train [of thought] on the next assignment and future assignments to come. :wink:

To All SSG participants:

Can everyone
Help ensure
In no uncertain terms
Compliance to
Ken's-
Anonymous-
Document
Established for our
Edification?

:mrgreen: Thanks to all for the consideration! :mrgreen:

I think that should do it, Ken. :wink:
Thanks,
James

ReplyQuote
(@stikman)
Reputable Member

.....so just out of curiosity.....what did you think it was about? .....I am just curious what others might come away with....

My statement was fallacious. I was able to discern what it was about I just did not know who it was about.

Good song.

"All battles are first won or lost in the mind." - Joan of Arc

"It took me about 20 years to figure out how to write without inspiration. Thankfully, I got there." - Leon Russell

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Ernie,
I was able to discern what it was about I just did not know who it was about.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification :D

James

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2