You took all my pride; I'm your fool it's true
Can't speak when you're 'round; words become butterflies
You took my heart so I think it's time

Chorus
Why not take all of me?
I'm losing touch with reality
Why not take all of me?
I'm on the brink of insanity
Why not take, take, take, take all of me?

I'd give you a call; you'd never feel alone
I'd give you a key; you'd always have a home
Every meal, my darling, I'd give you the last bite
Give you all the spoils of war just for showing up to the fight

Why not take all of me?
Make my fantasy a reality
Why not take all of me?
I need you and I'm begging please

To you this might seem just a silly game
To me it hurts I never even told you my name

Why not take all of me?
Glance my direction you have my full attention
Why not take all of me?
Start a conversation, my love, my one fixation

pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Nice one James,
I like the "take take" hook line and of course the little twist at the end, which rounds it all off nicely
cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Paul,

Thanks for the listen and post :D

James

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Good job, James.
Kind of Buddy Hollyish.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Ken :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Good job, James. Kind of Buddy Hollyish.

So, Ken, I guess you still haven't heard any Ray Davies, then? I thought this was VERY Kinky - in a musical way, of course. I'd be willing to bet real money a certain Mr Hodge likes this one - I know he's a big fan of Raymond Douglas Davies!!!! Great rhythm, kind of a cross between "Come Dancing" and "Victoria"....one suggestion I'd like to make, musically; you need a nice jangly cleanish arpeggiated electric rhythm guitar in there. Think "Ticket To Ride" or "American Girl" or "Mr Tambourine Man," even....something Rickenbacker-ish, or Tele-bridge-PU-with-the-treble-turned-way-up-ish.

I was going to make a couple of suggestions re lyrics a couple of days ago, then got sidetracked - fortunately. The lyrics and the music complement each other perfectly.

This one, I REALLY like - thanks for sharing, JT!!!!

As Cathy McGowan* used to say, "Oi'll give it foive!"

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

*For those who aren't as old as me....Cathy McGowan was one of the presenters of the British pop show "Ready Steady Go" waaaaaay back in the sixties. If she REALLY liked a new record, she always used that particular phrase...it translates to "I'll give it five!" (Out of five....)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

you need a nice jangly cleanish arpeggiated electric rhythm guitar in there.
*POOF* :mrgreen: jangly arpeggitationish track added
Feedback?

Thanks for the listen and suggestion, Vic.

James

ReplyQuote
(@christiaan)
Estimable Member

Haven't heard the first version, but those are some pretty guitarlicks you're playing there! I don't hear the Kinks in this at all though, it's more of a countryrock / folkrock sound. The lyrics are on the light side, but that suits the song well.

At first I liked the melody of the verses better, but since I can't get the chorus out of my head anymore, I guess they're both good :wink:
Two small things I wanted to mention: Love the accordeon on the bridge part & those three harmonic notes just after you sing "words become butterflies".

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi Christiaan,

>Haven't heard the first version, but those are some pretty guitarlicks you're playing there!
Thanks. I think they added to the song as well.

>I don't hear the Kinks in this at all though, it's more of a countryrock / folkrock sound. The lyrics are on the light side, but that suits the song well.
That's all fine with me. I really didn't have a style in mind. I let the song kind of take on a life of it's own.

>At first I liked the melody of the verses better, but since I can't get the chorus out of my head anymore, I guess they're both good :wink:
Yes. I started with the verse melody this time. Just as I was going to record it, I changed up the chorus to contrast a bit more. I'm glad it stuck in your head as well :wink:

>Two small things I wanted to mention: Love the accordeon on the bridge part & those three harmonic notes just after you sing "words become butterflies".
Thanks for noticing and commenting. I like experimenting. I still am trying to get a feel for what the song sounds like on different speakers. At home it comes across fine, but at work, I couldn't even hear the "little" effects.

Thanks for the listen and post :D

James

ReplyQuote
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Nice one James.

The Beatles meets the Kinks, with a bit of Foo Fighters thrown in for good measure....

There's just one drum roll I'd get rid of, but groovy baby.

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Dylan,

Thanks for the listen and feedback :wink:

James

ReplyQuote