Year 3 Wk 21 Home

13 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This weeks assignment led me to explore the Blues Spiritual and this is what came out.

The prelude was actually written for Week 19 but never finished.

Seems to work here :?: :?: :?:

Home

(Prelude Spoken)

The Blindman never saw the stars at night
Or the sunsets vibrant hues
But by the Lord he saw what's right
And he knew how to sing the Blues

--------------------------------------------

I've been down too many highways
So many back roads have I roamed
I've been lost I've been forsaken
Jesus help me find my way home

Route 66 I met a blindman
Just outside of Santa Fe
And he told me of our savior
Then he taught me how to pray

Now as I wander through this desert
I can still hear his sad song
And what I know from what he told me
I was the blindman all along

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I like it - I REALLY like it!!!!

I'm not a religious man, but I can emphathise with this because it's music....

Not a word out of place.....excellent!!!

You've written some really good stuff on here the last year or so, 'bout time you recorded some.....

Once again, congrats on a really good song....would work nice as a blues, a really slow blues, in my opinion...

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

Wow. Really connected with this one. I really saw myself as the one singing the song.

I liked how you've brought the blind man in as intelligent. He needs to be physically showed the way, where as you need to be shown the spiritual way.

I don't like trying to decypher other's songs because I fear I may get it wrong, but I hope I'm close.

Keep it up!

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I saw the "blind man" reference in the biblical sense....hasn't seen the light yet, but then his eyes are opened....."I was the blindman all along"...

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

Pretty cool, I would really like to hear this one recorded. It just pops out of the screen when you read it. Like you can hear it in your head.

I dig the spoken intro.

The rest is nice and simple and flows great.

Excellent job.

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Agree with the others. Its seems that really good lyrics just kinda roll off in a song. I may not be singing it the way you originally wrote it.. but with great lyrics it just kinda rolls off.

Great job.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

Hey Celt,

This is quite good, "up to and touching", as it were, your usual caliber. (which is to say "great") But it seems not quite finished. I mean, it reads well, as it is, and the "I was the blind man all along" works well as a concluding line, but the guy's still wandering. Now he knows something about what / who he was seeking, but there's no resolution, if that makes any sense. I really like what you have, and I think as Vic mentioned, it would be terrific as a really slow blues.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

WOW! I am not worthy, but Thank You All Very Much :!: :!: :!:

OK Where to start? Vic and Pierson you both are correct about the "Blindman" imagery. He is that and so much more. In some ways this is also a tribute to George Scott of The Blind Boys of Alabama who died March 9, 2005 at 75.

Yes Vic I do plan on recording soon I'm still playing with my set-up and trying to get stuff from my head to my fingers.

Scratch, Nice to hear from you. I hear what you're saying about the unfinished feel of it. I'm glad you picked up on that, because I believe that once you find your spitiual path the journey continues. He is still looking for "Home".

Illicit and Geoo let me take this opportunity to welcome you both.
Always nice to have new people around.

And just a thought on religion and spirituality:

A wise man once told me, "Religion is for people who are afraid of going to H*ll. Spirituality is for poeple who have been there."

Thank You All Once Again,

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@illicit)
Estimable Member

WOW! I am not worthy, but Thank You All Very Much :!: :!: :!:

OK Where to start? Vic and Pierson you both are correct about the "Blindman" imagery. He is that and so much more. In some ways this is also a tribute to George Scott of The Blind Boys of Alabama who died March 9, 2005 at 75.

Yes Vic I do plan on recording soon I'm still playing with my set-up and trying to get stuff from my head to my fingers.

Scratch, Nice to hear from you. I hear what you're saying about the unfinished feel of it. I'm glad you picked up on that, because I believe that once you find your spitiual path the journey continues. He is still looking for "Home".

Illicit and Geoo let me take this opportunity to welcome you both.
Always nice to have new people around.

And just a thought on religion and spirituality:

A wise man once told me, "Religion is for people who are afraid of going to H*ll. Spirituality is for poeple who have been there."

Thank You All Once Again,

Celt

Thanks a lot. It's been really great so far. High standard all around :)

Behold! The great northern viking's pinnacle of evolution! Behold my wavy blonde locks, my icy blue eyes and my muscular physique! Behold my.. screw this, I'm going to McDonald's.

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

Then you certainly achieved your mark. And just as an aside, I'm with you on that one. It's not a destination, but a jumping-off point, if you will.
And at the risk of being redundant and repetitive again,... Very well done.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

Religion is for people who are afraid of going to H*ll. Spirituality is for poeple who have been there.
I've never heard that before. That's an awesome quote. While we're on the subject of religion, I wrote a song involving a religous story and posted it sometime back. It's called Creation of Sin and it's on the second page of the songwriting club. Check it out.

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
(@rkendrick)

Like Vic, I too am not a religious person, but this is terrific writing, Celt. Loved it!

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi Celt

This is just excellent. I'm totally impressed and very envious as my dry spell continues.

Just excellent

Bob :)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote