Skip to content
Anybody have a Taly...

Notifications
Clear all

Anybody have a Talyor Big Baby? Other recommendations?

21 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member

mmdm wrote: The size thing still has me confused. Would a concert or grand concert like this be smaller than a 15/16 dreadnought?
I wish I could help you there, but I have no clue.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Here's another link re: guitar sizes.

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/Guitar/FlatTopSizes/sizes.html

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

I've also heard good things about Martin LXM "Little Martin." Try checking that out as well if you're looking for acoustic. :)

ReplyQuote
 mmdm
(@mmdm)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a brand new baby! :D A Taylor Big Baby. Muuuch bigger than my other baby, which is a Fender mandolin, LOL. The store didn't carry Seagull or Fullerton. They had several smaller Ibanez, Dean, and Fender, but nothing else in this price range sounded nearly as good. It's a little bigger than I wanted, but so light that I think it will be fine. Not the prettiest guitar in the store by any means, but it is growing on me. I've nick-named it Frankenbaby because of the bolts in the neck. I love it! My son is already trying to claim it, so I'll have to keep a close eye on it. Thanks for the help and suggestions, everyone.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

as far as an 00 or 000 size in a relatively inexpensive price range, i don't know. the guitar that i have is a Martin 000C-16GTE and it was probably more than what you want to spend (around $1,000). someone mentioned Seagull. They or Art and Lutherie may have something for less. I don' know anything about the Fenders or Ibanizes.

Also, in general mandolins cost more than guitars. why? i don't know.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

oh looks like i'm too late. congratulations on the arrival of your Big Baby!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2