Notifications
Clear all

Time to Pony Up, Girls?

106 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hey Pearlthekat!! I emailed some things to Margaret and PR, but don't have a good email for you!! :(

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Did you send to my sympatico email address?

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I tried to, but it wouldn't go through to either of you. My files may be too large. Do either (or all three) of you have MSN Messenger? We could get on there and actually have a conversation and send files back and forth (like each other's parts as we get them done so we can hear what everyone else is doing). What I was trying to send were two .pdf files. One is "Ain't That A Groove! The ABC's of Funk Guitar" and another called "The Funk Stops Here".

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I'm on MSN messenger. When do you wnat to meet up?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i'll PM you my e-mail address. thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Elektra, I haven't received any email from you as yet, anyway, and don't think my email addy is posted in my profile. (However, maybe as a mod you have access to it.)

I am not able to receive files through MSN Messenger, something to do with our router used for multiple computers I think.

I'll PM my email address to you to make sure you have it. Maybe send the two pdf files separately if you haven't tried that already?

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I PM'd all of you just now!!!

Margaret, I did try to send the files separately, but no luck. I may just have to get into them and alter them a bit to make the files smaller.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

how big are the files? At what speed are you sending them. You might try posting them on a sound-click site, that way you don't have to worry about mailing them. some times it just works better...don't know why?

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Unfortunately, I find that I need to withdraw my name from the Team Funkalicious roster.

All you girl guitarists out there, here's your opportunity to have some fun while collaborating with Elecktrablue, PearltheKat and PRBlack on the very first all-girl GN Collaboration.

It's a great backing track, funky but a rock-funk, not actually funk funk. :lol:

You can view the details higher up in this thread, or by visiting the Online Jams and Collaborations forum where you'll also find a link to hear the backing track in Bish's first post about it.
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29231

Make a post if you're interested in joining the team, or PM one of the above team members.

My apologies and Best Wishes to Team Funkalicious!

Margaret

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:cry:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I'm sorry to see you go... :(

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

I PM'd all of you just now!!!

Margaret, I did try to send the files separately, but no luck. I may just have to get into them and alter them a bit to make the files smaller.

Thanks for the files. :) This will help me get some ideas.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Unfortunately, I find that I need to withdraw my name from the Team Funkalicious roster.

Margaret.... sorry to see you go.... :( :cry:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, guys.

As I mentioned in PM's, if a fourth player doesn't surface soon, the team could go ahead with three.

PRBlack could do a funky bass solo for one segment and play guitar on a second.

Or one of you could bookend the jam, doing both the first and last segments. They could even be identical actually, eliminating the need to do two recordings.

I know it'll be great, and I look forward to hearing the finished product!

Margaret

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Wow, Margaret, that is a shame.

You did really good on your first jam.

I hope you come back with a vengance on the next one. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"