Clear all

Time to Pony Up, Girls?

106 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Bish wrote: You did really good on your first jam.

I hope you come back with a vengance on the next one.
:lol: Thank you, Bish!

I definitely will be back to fight another day. :wink:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

OK! OK! I'm here!! 8)

Sorry..I don't come to this website often and Elektrablue, I only got your PM tonight.

I thought I missed out...then I saw Margaret backed out (which is too bad). Now, I've never tried playing funk, but what the hell...I'll give it a shot. I'm not even sure I know exactly what to do, I mainly play country. It'll probably come out country with a funky twang, or something.. :shock: Anyway...if you'll have me, I'd like to play! :D

If I'm too late and you 3 ladies already have your act together...that's fine..I can do it another time!

(P.S. Dan T -- I LOVE the George Harrison avatar!)

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Gina:

This is off topic, so sorry to hijack the thread for a bit:

1. First off - a big Hello from another former NJ resident - born and raised in Bayonne, now in Colorado (thank God).
2. COUNTRY music? From a Jersey girl?!?! :shock: Bruce will be SOO disappointed! :D

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

HOORAY for GINA!!!!!!!! :D Now Funkalicious is a foursome again! :D

I'll PM you ...... :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Wonderful! Glad to see that Funkalicious has a fourth.

Way to go, Gina! Thanks for stepping up to fill the spot.

You go, girls!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

Hi Gina

Welcome to the group!

Pauline :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey, I'm looking forward to hearing some country twangy funk! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to Team Funkalicious, Gina. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You rang?! :lol:

Glad to see you joined the group Gina. 8) :D

Dan

P.S. I love your signature Gina! :wink: :lol:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

You rang?! :lol:

Glad to see you joined the group Gina. 8) :D

Dan

P.S. I love your signature Gina! :wink: :lol:

Tsk, get a room..... :shock: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

Hi,

Woah! What a response! Thanks for the nice welcome into the group. Now...my question is: How do I record myself playing to the backing track? I use Guitar Tracks. I know how to create and record songs when I do all the parts myself but I've never recorded to someone else's track. I'm not exactly a wiz with computers, so..help!

Oh, and although I'm mostly a country music guitarist, I like rock and blues as well. So, Funkalicious Girls, don't worry! Hopefully I can come up with something cool. 8)

Hey...ColoradoFenderBender...how ya doin'? (said in my best NJ accent). I'm from Metuchen, originally. Now I'm in England, married to a Brit, go figure. As for Bruce, he just did "The Seeger Sessions" album with banjos, fiddles, etc! So I think he'd be quite happy that I play country music. So there. :P :lol:

P.S. Shameless plug from me: http://www.soundclick.com/ginagibbins The guitar's very clean on these tracks but I can get dirty...have no fear! 8)

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." -- George Harrison

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Hi Gina
Welcome to GN Forum.
I don´t know Cakewalk Guitar Tracks, but if it is as whatever other recording SW, you just import the backing track as track no 1. Then you record yourself on tracks no 2--x playbacking track no 1.
According info on the Guitar Tracks homepage http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/GuitarTracksPro/features.asp
it could be an issue to import .mp3 files, but otherwise it looks to be a competent recording SW.

Your songs, guitar playing and singing are very good.
If you been able to record these songs, a backing track based recording should be a simple matter for you.

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

Thanks very much, Kalle. I haven't read my Guitar Tracks "how to" book yet to see how to do this, but maybe it's a lot easier than I think it is. I'll try it out later on! :D

(Later on...)

Hey! I did it, wow was that EASY! So now I've learned something else on Guitar Tracks, woo hoo! This is going to be cool. 8) Now I just need to mess around with it to come up with something.... :D

ReplyQuote
(@prblack)
Eminent Member

:) So are we still planning to meet up on AIM to work out the song? I'm available most evenings after 7:00 PM.

Pauline

ReplyQuote
 Gina
(@gina)
Estimable Member

Unfortunately I've got a little problem. I'm in England and am 5 hours ahead of the east coast (NJ), not sure how far ahead that makes me with regard to everyone else. I also don't have AIM though I do use Yahoo Messenger.

If you gals want to meet up without me, that's fine, just let me know what you've discussed. I did PM Electrablue because I wasn't sure what the next step was.

Gina

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8