Notifications
Clear all

GREAT IDEA

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Even with professionals the conversation deteriorates very quickly.

Yes you are absolutly right nils and i dont even want to get started over all the various profanel types of chats! :lol:

Private chats are an invitations to spoil good relations.If you want to do private chat its should be your own and your partner's responsibility.GN is not liable for that.I guess it keeps the morality of the site intact.

Vote - NOT in favour of a chat room :!:

Rahul

Posted : 11/12/2005 3:41 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

just some points i'd like to make
i doubt that people who dislike chatting will bother going into a chat room, so it's a moot point whether or not you are for or against it. those who are for it will and those who aren't won't.

as to moderating, yes it would be a hassle and the mods here have enough on their plates already to worry about something like this.

i suggest those of us who want to do something like this try "Grouper"

it's a betaprogram i have been using since it first started. i used to be involved pretty heavily in online gaming and have used it fairly extensively. it is primarily for sharing files but also has group and individual chat built in as well as a pretty cool streaming audio player that allows you to stream audio files to each other (maybe this would work well for collabrating on stuff). it's also encrypted but you would have to ask someone like Nils about the value of that aspect of the program.
i have started a group called "GuitarNoise Groupies" anyone interested send me your e-mail in a PM and i will invite you to join. you will need to install the program which you can get here~ http://www.grouper.com/
or start your own group and send me an invite.

#4491....

Posted : 11/12/2005 4:16 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Grouper sounds interesting. I downloaded the software but have not installed it yet. I am having a problem with MSN software and haven't even gotten around to fixing that yet.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 11/12/2005 4:30 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have used Teamspeak for almost 5 years. I use it in my on-line racing and combat gaming.

I have a server set up and it runs 24/7. It's all free and easy to use. You can host your own as well.

Find it here teamspeak

In the upper right side of the website is the link for the software download. Choose your OS and the client software. If you plan on starting your own server then you'll need the server software also.

If anyone is interested and getting it setup and running and tested I can be of service. Call to make reservations. :wink:

Sorry if this was a hijack. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/12/2005 5:32 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ok the mods did a good job of making ..............convert to profanel.

Nice work dudes :wink:

Rahul

Posted : 11/12/2005 5:38 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

just some points i'd like to make
i doubt that people who dislike chatting will bother going into a chat room, so it's a moot point whether or not you are for or against it. those who are for it will and those who aren't won't.

as to moderating, yes it would be a hassle and the mods here have enough on their plates already to worry about something like this.

i suggest those of us who want to do something like this try "Grouper"

it's a betaprogram i have been using since it first started. i used to be involved pretty heavily in online gaming and have used it fairly extensively. it is primarily for sharing files but also has group and individual chat built in as well as a pretty cool streaming audio player that allows you to stream audio files to each other (maybe this would work well for collabrating on stuff). it's also encrypted but you would have to ask someone like Nils about the value of that aspect of the program.
i have started a group called "GuitarNoise Groupies" anyone interested send me your e-mail in a PM and i will invite you to join. you will need to install the program which you can get here~ http://www.grouper.com/
or start your own group and send me an invite.

the videos are pretty funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted : 11/12/2005 5:41 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I have also used Teamspeak very extensively, if any are interested it is a very good voice chat program.
i had heard That either teamspeak or X-fire (another chat program) where planning on incorporating file sharing capabilitities but i'm not sure if they ever did.

#4491....

Posted : 11/12/2005 7:45 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

TL, I haven't noticed any file sharing functionality with the versions I'm running. But it doesn't matter for me. I have my own web server so I have FTP, Teamspeak, game hosting software and anything else I need to entertain myself and friends, online. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 11/12/2005 9:07 pm
Page 2 / 2