Clear all

ignore posts by certain individuals

75 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Why not talk to the people who annoy you, maybe PM them. They're probably not as bad as you think.
:roll:
i'd like to change this thread to a request for the smiley banging his head against a brick wall please.

#4491....

Posted : 19/01/2007 5:41 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I think we can add that feature in the near future.

Posted : 19/01/2007 5:42 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Why is it that I think the funnest part of this would be a second feature to allow you to see who was ignoring you :)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 19/01/2007 8:01 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'm somewhat neutral to it. If it's easy to implement, why not. If it's a lot of work, why bother. If you don't like a post you can always just ignore it and walk away. Could you give an example as to what kind of posts really upset you here and where an ignore button would have saved a lot of stress?

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:13 pm
(@davidhodge)

Just be sure the moderators don't get that option! :wink:

Peace

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:20 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

the benefit this would provide would be to avoid confrontations that get threads locked and edited not delve into them.
if people were allowed to ignore people who iritate them, then confrontations would diminish and the mods would theoretically have less to deal with.

#4491....

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:26 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If people don't want a confrontation then why don't they walk away? It's not like anyone is forcing anybody to reply, even if you already read whatever's being said. Someone here an expert on forum software who knows how easy it is to add such 'mods'?

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:30 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

If people don't want a confrontation then why don't they walk away? It's not like anyone is forcing anybody to reply,
Oh you must be a man of greater will than I? I am your gRaSsHoPpEr!!

I wouldnt wanna know WHO blocked me.. but would be cool to see how many were ignoring you. LOL

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:33 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

It might be fun to make it a challenge -- who can be the most ignored member on the board?

We could post the ignore count right next to post count ;)

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:46 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That'd be cool. Maybe even a contest: who can reach the 100 ignore count fastest without getting banned. :D

Posted : 19/01/2007 9:57 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

well, "cool and funny" weren't quite the reasons for my suggestion, but if that's how you see it then i guess there's no harm.
more to the point of it is that we lost a good contributing member here not long ago, and i feel that something like this may have allowed them to stay a member of this group.

this isn't about me , or "what upsets me" it's just an idea for a feature that would allow those who wish to use it to do so.
personally i think keeping track or devulging who is ignoring who would be pointless, petty, and counterproductive.

#4491....

Posted : 19/01/2007 10:21 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry, did somebody say something?

Posted : 19/01/2007 11:50 pm
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

I think a lot of things get taken the wrong way because there usually is no inflection in the words. I know that sometimes people will make posts that seem like they were making a joke and others just take it the wrong way. People have different sense of humors and probably don't think what they're saying is offensive. If you had that option you might block someone that could have just been making a comment they thought were funny. Not everyone can convey what they mean through text.

Posted : 20/01/2007 1:28 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I think a lot of things get taken the wrong way because there usually is no inflection in the words. I know that sometimes people will make posts that seem like they were making a joke and others just take it the wrong way. People have different sense of humors and probably don't think what they're saying is offensive. If you had that option you might block someone that could have just been making a comment they thought were funny. Not everyone can convey what they mean through text.

Yeah something like that happened to me late last year and I nearly quit. I think was clear that it was a joke to, but the other person didn't think so....and it wasn't offensive either. I choose what Sleutelbos suggested and walked away from it, though, I was stuck thinking about it over and over.

Ignore members could be the new coffee house experiment. We all know how that turned out. :shock:

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 20/01/2007 1:59 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I seem to manage to successfully ignore posters, overlook whole threads (I only ever open a few) and indeed have ignored entire forum sections. But I'd quite like a "Notice" button which alerted me to posts by people who I enjoy reading, or pointed out interesting topics....

But it would need to have mind reading capabilities. Does this forum software have a clairvoyancy plug-in?? :wink:

BTW. We're having a family holiday right now, so I'm currently ignoring you all equally. 8)

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 20/01/2007 5:02 am
Page 2 / 5